So ... what about DS-2DE2202-DE3/W camera ?

orphee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just to have your opinion about this: this camera works well except it can't send email alarm because of no TLS option on camera.
Here I'm working on a 4G TP Link router.
1) is it possible to do something with the router
2) if not, did you think Hikvision will made an upgrade for this low cost camera ?
2) if not too, what is the best "TLS" compatible outdoor model, at a low price (less than 400$). I don't need/want IR (because consumption) but I would be very interested by ultra low light sensivity.

Thanks for answers

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you looked at the 3304 its ptz x4 no ir but has a low light shutter if it has sounding light it performs nicely i have one on my driveway fence and has audio input for a mic
you can pick these up for about $220us

orphee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
is it a camera with "TLS" compatibility to send emails ?

orphee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks but I can't see if there is this option . I think probably yes ("email encryption") but I'm not sure.
OK, option exist. Thanks

Last edited:

FrankMCN

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OP not sure about TLS, but note that the camera you've asked about is an indoor model with no real nightvision - fitted a 6 of these for a chain of small shops, they work well and 2x zoom and mic was a nice bonus for the price but they have their limits.

FrankMCN

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
post some pics b/w & colour mode @ night

orphee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi.
This camera works well.
I had a problem with an occasional lost connection but I think it was a 4G router problem. In fact, one time, I saw the router was no more with 4G LED on (and I always have a very good 4G level with same provider on my phone).
It was very disappointing because I had no more connection until I came back (7... 15 days !)
But, to avoid problem like that with router or camera, I added a special homemade module to reset everything: if no 4G signal or no camera connection it reset power (and, actually I also set power off during night).
Now it's works perfectly.

Someone ask about night vision: it hasn't night vision (no IR) and I choose those camera because IR isn't very interesting for me (consumption). I will add a specific IR panel I will put on remotely .