So, I purchased and installed a 12VDC 2A "IR cannon"...

Reaction score
Got it mounted, and provided power, but no on/off switch ability, yet. (it works GREAT, by the way) Was considering the TP-Link KP200 smart outlet, unless someone else can offer a better suggestion? Seriously, how do other folk turn on/off their add-on IR illuminators? Thanks in advance.

lifeatredline

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The illuminators I have messed with had photo sensors that turned them off in daytime. That said I have lights that are on the old school motorized timer switches. I too have been looking at tplink kasa switches, and if I see an Amazon "deal" pop up I will be grabbing a few to try out.

Reaction score
Y'know, I believe that's what is behind the small greenish plastic lens near the focusing knob. It's funny, because neither the item sale page nor the two-page printed booklet mentions it as such. :secret:

Bob27

n3wb
Reaction score
My IR illuminators are needed under a deck that is above a walk out basement. This is on the north side of a house so the daylight is not very bright to start with. The internal photocells have a habit of leaving them on all the time especially on cloudy days. I have had good luck using the Leviton smart switch system. I use the “smart plug” to turn the IR illuminators on/off.
I program them to sunset/sunrise on off times.