smartPss process priority (windows)

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
For all of the various bugs in smartPss, the biggest gripe I have is that it keeps setting itself to high priority, which really gums up the response of other apps on my i7 system. Anybody know a way to block it from doing this? I don't mind changing its priority one time after launching smartPss, I'm just getting annoyed at doing it a dozen or more times a day.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
The start priority isn't the biggest issue. smartPss must be raising its priority via the windows API, and it does it repeatedly instead of only once. I need something like a way to block it from using the API, a registry setting to limit its priority, or something else I'm not thinking of. I've scanned through its .ini files and reg settings and not found anything that looks like it would help. Maybe there's a .ini line or reg setting I could add. It would take somebody who happens to know about it about it to clue me in.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
The start priority isn't the biggest issue. smartPss must be raising its priority via the windows API, and it does it repeatedly instead of only once. I need something like a way to block it from using the API, a registry setting to limit its priority, or something else I'm not thinking of. I've scanned through its .ini files and reg settings and not found anything that looks like it would help. Maybe there's a .ini line or reg setting I could add. It would take somebody who happens to know about it about it to clue me in.
Well, when it comes to the API, I usually get left on second base, hopefully somebody else could shed light on this.