Smart event menu is missing?

Mahtiponti

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

Can anyone tell to me how I can activate smart event menu? I want to do crosslines but I cant find that? Do I have to enable first some setting? I only have this basic event and I get now very much wrong alarms.

Camera model is DS-2CDVT-FWCMPTCN-S

1605897752187.png

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell to me how I can activate smart event menu?
I don't recognise that camera model, so guessing a bit here.
Sometimes some high-end features are mutually exclusive such that when enabled other features become unavailable.
Check if you've enabled any video or image processing features that may have affected the availability of smart events.

Mahtiponti

n3wb
Reaction score
Camera model is this
1605899987775.png

I think that, I am not done any big changes to settings. I am only changed video quality to the best one. Also I use basic event settings at this moment because I dont know how to activate this smart menu.

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Also I use basic event settings at this moment because I dont know how to activate this smart menu.
Normally the Smart Events menu would appear automatically, no need to activate it.

I am only changed video quality to the best one.
As a long shot - maybe change that and see if smart events appears.
Also - try clearing the browser cache, or another computer.

Mahtiponti

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried to change settings but I didn't get this to activate:confused: Should every hikvision cameras support this smart event mode?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Should every hikvision cameras support this smart event mode?
No, not all Hikvision camera firmware does support Smart Events. It looks like your model does not, which is surprising as it's not in a 'budget' series.
Looking at the specification for the DS-2CD2141G1-IDW it seems to be a model that does not support Smart Events - only Motion Detection is mentioned in the specification.
Alarm TriggerMotion detection, video tampering, network disconnected, IP address conflict, illegal login, HDD error, HDD full
Here is an example of a 'budget series' model that only supports Motion Detection, despite having the same hardware as other models that support Smart Events :

Mahtiponti

n3wb
Reaction score
Oh bad thing... So I cant do anything. I just thought that should I then buy that one DS-2CD2563G0-I(W)(S) ? What do you think? Looks like this camera support also wifi connection + smart event mode, so I don`t need any nvr boxes if I want to only use my house own wifi connection?

Matt2_uk

n3wb
Reaction score
I know it's a late reply, but just in case anyone comes across this as it might help.
There's a setting in Settings > VCA resource where you can specify the type of monitoring you're after. If you've got the Monitoring option ticked the Smart Events options you're talking about don't appear. You need to have the Smart Events option ticked on this VCA resource they then appear.