SmarrtPSS New Version won't connect

Reaction score
Hello, I have either an OEM Dahua NVR or a generic one "NVR3216" and several IP cams in a business network. All have been in service for several years and I have been running SmartPSS 1.11.0 with no problem on several Win 7 workstations.

We're upgrading the network and I'm trying to get SmartPSS 2.3.4 or 2.3.1 going under Win 10. Auto Search under Devices will only find one of the cameras and can't see the NVR. Doesn't help to try to manually add as it never comes online. All devices can be successfully pinged.

Plain and simply, is there a limit to trying to connect to older hardware on the newer version of SmartPSS? I want to say no because I can remote in from a Win 10 workstation outside the network on a SmartPSS 2.3.1 4/13/2020 build. All cameras are seen and it works fine there. But none of the win10 workstations on the network will connect. ometv https://omegle.site/omegle/ I've looked at every screen and setting I can possibly imagine and came here to see if there's something right under my nose. The installer can't be found and current IT ppl have no experience with cams. Any suggestions? Thanks:):)

Last edited:

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
No suggestions here, just a little bit of info. Having gone through many versions of smartPss my experience is that every one of them is full of bugs and the challenge is to find the version that's the best compromise. I have settled on 2.3.1 4/13/2020 and am fairly satisfied with how it's working for me. It has only 2 problems that are serious in my usage: (1) Randomly terminates after running for a few days. Restarting is a hassle but not insurmountable. (2) Fills the C: drive with unwanted snapshots. I got around this by denying it permission to access the directory it writes to. I connect only to the NVR and view cameras through it. On the wired network I run it on win7 machines, and also connect via P2P on a win10 system. It connects reliably to the NVR, always added manually. Auto search has never found the NVR.

The NVR is an older v1.0 5216-4ks2. Even though it's old, it's not direct comparison because yours might be older and is a lower end model. The only hint I might be able to offer, from highly faded memory, is that when the NVR was running its original V3 firmware, 32-bit smartPss worked better. When I upped the NVR to V4 firmware, 64-bit smartPss worked better. But "worked better" doesn't cover connecting to the NVR, as all of the versions I've tried have been able to do that, although it sometimes took multiple tries at entering the login credentials. I think that's all I can offer. You need somebody with the same model NVR for more reliable info.

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
I pulled my hair out seeing things w/ SmartPSS till I found, downloaded and used "onvif device manager".
I have slept since then. So the solution now escapes me.

Last edited: