Small Cheap POE IP camera (without virus payload :)

RROONNBB

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So there's this massive thread here - Super-cheap POE IP Camera? - that talked ad nauseam about junky stuff that may or may not include extra bonus malware for your enjoyment but I'd love to see a discussion on what sort of semi-cheap and semi-good options are out there for really small POE cameras.

I'm familiar with the Dahua IPC-HDBW4231F-AS and things like that but I don't necessarily care about low-light capabilities. This would be for indoor use (literally watching a couple of dogs) and I just want small, POE (since I've already got that all setup for my bigger Dahua's outside) and nothing questionable in terms of security.

Anything to be had that's more in the $20-$50 range?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So there's this massive thread here - Super-cheap POE IP Camera? - that talked ad nauseam about junky stuff that may or may not include extra bonus malware for your enjoyment but I'd love to see a discussion on what sort of semi-cheap and semi-good options are out there for really small POE cameras.

I'm familiar with the Dahua IPC-HDBW4231F-AS and things like that but I don't necessarily care about low-light capabilities. This would be for indoor use (literally watching a couple of dogs) and I just want small, POE (since I've already got that all setup for my bigger Dahua's outside) and nothing questionable in terms of security.

Anything to be had that's more in the $20-$50 range?
see the hikvision/annke rebranded cube thread...50 bux..as with any camera it has to be properly setup to be secure...see vpn thread.

RROONNBB

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Cool, thanks guys. Paid a little more to get one from Amazon ASAP and will watch for a deal to get another.