Simple Hikvision NVR question

zebrock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have Blue Iris pretty well figured out but have never played around or installed an NVR. I have a friend with an existing Hik 24 port POE NVR that is full and he wants to add 3 more cameras. Can I just use a POE switch (or 1 to 4 POE splitter) and add these cameras or does he need to get a bigger NVR?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have Blue Iris pretty well figured out but have never played around or installed an NVR. I have a friend with an existing Hik 24 port POE NVR that is full and he wants to add 3 more cameras. Can I just use a POE switch (or 1 to 4 POE splitter) and add these cameras or does he need to get a bigger NVR?

The NVR is not limited by its Poe ports but rather by how many channels it's rated for.... Most likely that's a 32 Channel NVR with 24 ports.... Check the model number... If it is a 32 Channel NVR then you would just need a switch..

zebrock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The NVR is not limited by its Poe ports but rather by how many channels it's rated for.... Most likely that's a 32 Channel NVR with 24 ports.... Check the model number... If it is a 32 Channel NVR then you would just need a switch..
I'll ask him to get me that info
Thx