Show Sentry only Alerts in UI3?

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I've noticed in UI3 both confirmed Sentry alerts and non-confirmed (false alarms) alerts show in the alert list for specific cameras that Sentry is enabled for. I also see you can enable the "Auto Check Confirmed Alerts" in the console.

Is this the only way to filter out the false alerts in the Alert list in UI3? I'd like to pull up the camera I have Sentry enabled for in UI3 and just hit the Alerts at the top to see the confirmed Sentry alerts without the false positive alerts showing as well. Is enabling "Auto Check Confirmed Alerts" and then checking "Flagged Only" in Ui3 the only way to filter out the junk from the good alerts. Is there no way to just disable the false positives from showing in the alert list to begin with and only show the Sentry alerts with their badge?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
There's currently no way to filter by sentry confirmed alerts in UI3. Despite my asking multiple times, Ken never did send me a list of the database view names that UI3 needs to use to get this and other types of filtered list. Gosh, it has been nearly a year since I last asked. I'll re-ask yet again.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks @bp2008 . It's a "nice to have" feature but not a deal breaker. I'm only using Sentry on one camera right now as the angle I have it at generate lots of false positives without Sentry.

sigsegv

n3wb
Reaction score
I solved this by checking the "auto-flag confirmed alerts" checkbox in the Sentry config and using the "view flagged only" setting in UI3. It's suboptimal, but works okay unless you were using alert flags for something else.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I solved this by checking the "auto-flag confirmed alerts" checkbox in the Sentry config and using the "view flagged only" setting in UI3. It's suboptimal, but works okay unless you were using alert flags for something else.
Yeah I think that way removes just regular ol'e alerts which I use for all the other cameras.