Show a limited number of cameras on my tablet

sygad1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have 10 cams running but only want to show 4 on an ipad, this will be used to keep an eye open for deliveries whilst on conference calls.

My first thought was to use profiles and make a "delivery" profile making the unwanted cameras inactive in this new profile.

I'll be dammed if I can get it to work though. The video on youtube has a different interface to mine (v5.3.6.3).

Is there any more recent video, help page that can show me how to set up a profile and apply it to the cameras to achieve my goal?

thanks

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
Search the forum on creating camera groups. You specify them on a per-camera basis and you select which group to view while using your iPad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Simplest way would be to create a group, say "Deliveries", place those four cameras in the group, then display just that group through UI3 on the tablet.

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Why not just create a group of cams you want to view, select them as part of that group and in ui3, select the group on the left side.

On first cam, select General tab, press Select... on Groups line, create a new group delivery. Then add the cams you want to the group. Finally, on ui3, select the group on the left. If you are watching from BI, then on the top right, select your group.

Ok others beat me to it while I was typing!

sygad1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
thanks for the quick replies.

I wasn't aware of groups, i'll check that out now

sygad1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
just done it, absolutely perfect and even better than my original request.

For those in the future.

Camera settings
- General > Groups
-- Select

Create a new profile or select an existing one.

When you go to the ipad, you will have All Cameras at the top and the newly created Group