Should I....

DarkHelmet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
is it a ptz? if yes, then definitely. if not, and you were able to aim it the way you want, then i suppose youre fine. could also mount it to the horizontal surface there, but not sure how high that is and if the angle would get worse.

Reaction score
is it a ptz? if yes, then definitely. if not, and you were able to aim it the way you want, then i suppose youre fine. could also mount it to the horizontal surface there, but not sure how high that is and if the angle would get worse.
No-- not a PTZ...

I had a hard time getting it aimed -- reaching the limits of adjustment at that mounting angle, so I was second-guessing the way I mounted and wondering if I should have spent the extra money on that wall mount.... Hmmmmmmm.....
My current view. It's a 2.8-- so I have a lot of "fisheye" distortion.
I feel like I should rotate the lens to line up the garage wall with the right edge of the frame-- I don't think I can crank it around that far though.... heh.

1592279979165.png

DarkHelmet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ya ive never tried to mount a dome vertically, but ive seen it done plenty of places. i imagine with the wide angle youre looking to just observe the area, so really up to you if you can stand the tilt or not.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I did this to my first dome (cheap pos adt camera) which was not a ptz. I had to aim it close to its end stop, which blocked one of the IR leds and had some IR spillage sometimes. When I bought a ptz dome camera, I ended up mounting to the bottom of the eave. Looks better and has full range of motion.