Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Probably not the right thing to do, but I stretch it over this part here:
1668110068859.png
I don't bring that ring into the attic.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Immediately after opening the cellophane bag (while standing on the ground), the O ring is installed. THEN I relocate to < insert precarious position here> to complete the connection. Most often this is up on a ladder

%$*# Murphy's law....

mattp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Immediately after opening the cellophane bag (while standing on the ground), the O ring is installed. THEN I relocate to < insert precarious position here> to complete the connection. Most often this is up on a ladder

%$*# Murphy's law....
Now that I've got most of my cameras installed, I've figured out some of this stuff...But, it was definitely quite a journey I too took according to Murphy's Law.
I think the last thing I can remember dealing with is forgetting to get the darn screws out of the cellophane before getting on a ladder...Those are even harder to find than the o-ring if you drop one.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Don't know how many times I've terminated the end and then see that I forgot to put the damn thing on there. Snip... do it again. :smash:

You'd think that I'd learn after the first few.

Rob2020

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My last cam was mounted and weatherproofed and I then found the ring on my workbench :facepalm:

It is a budget cam so I left it as is, it is wrapped in coax seal so "should be" Okay.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Don't know how many times I've terminated the end and then see that I forgot to put the damn thing on there. Snip... do it again. :smash:

You'd think that I'd learn after the first few.
Every one I've installed already had the network cable terminated... waterproof connector and fixing cover in the IPC cams slip over the connector and the rubber ring has a slit the allows it to wrap around the cable. :thumb: