SD5A425XA-HNR firmware

RuralDude

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello, I am looking for the firmware that was originally on my camera when shipped, I believe it was September build date 2021.
I'm having an issue with the camera disconnecting at dusk when it's in the middle of tracking motion with IVS and i'm assuming this is the first tracking event since IR has turned on. It turns off almost every night when tracking motion and its dark out, I have changed ends on my Cat5e network cable(no luck) and read that someone else was having an issue with there's doing similar shutdown and reboot( mine does not reboot just goes offline) and with installing older firmware fixed their issue, Im willing to try if i can find it somewhere.

My network switch is: TP-Link TL-SG3452P v2.0 and the camera port says it's drawing 8.4 watts @ 53.5v, I read that the included power supply is 24V, do i need to change to a 24v poe injector?
Current firmware:
Device Type SD5A425XA-HNR
System VersionV2.812.0000032.2.R, Build Date: 2022-08-04
WEB Version V3.2.1.1283440.P9
ONVIF Version21.12(V3.1.0.1207744)
PTZ VersionV2.401.0000001.11.RHNAN_210903_39102
S/N 8H03981PAJE85A6

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That sounds more like a power issue.

Have you tried a different port on the POE+ switch. Occasionally they do go out.

How long is the run?

Is the cable pure copper or CCA?

RuralDude

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a TP-Link that a few ports have slowly died.

Yeah 30 feet isn't that far so the distance isn't the issue.

Can you try a premade known good cable?

Or a different power source just to confirm it isn't defective?

RuralDude

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a TP-Link that a few ports have slowly died.

Yeah 30 feet isn't that far so the distance isn't the issue.

Can you try a premade known good cable?

Or a different power source just to confirm it isn't defective?
I don't have any premade cables.

I was going to try a different power supply first, then port.

RuralDude

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here are the power specs for that camera.

Power Consumption 11W 20W (IR light on).
I'm assuming that's without any movement on either axis...my switch allows up to 30w per port so i'm confused.
I bypassed the switch poe and plugged into a 30 watt injector for tonight to see if it changes anything.

RuralDude

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well shut off again with stand alone 30W injector while tracking a vehicle in the dark.

Could it be possible its maxing out the power supply? I have a 60W injector I can try just for kicks next but I assume the cable needs to be thoroughly checked for kinks and pinches. I was delaying getting up on the ladder due to weather.

Attached is the moment it shut off:

Attachments

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Well shut off again with stand alone 30W injector while tracking a vehicle in the dark.

Could it be possible its maxing out the power supply? I have a 60W injector I can try just for kicks next but I assume the cable needs to be thoroughly checked for kinks and pinches. I was delaying getting up on the ladder due to weather.

Attached is the moment it shut off:
It would not hurt to try the 60w injector. I went with a 90W injector on one of my big PTZ cameras and that did solve the problem. I am running Cat 6 cable with 23 gauge solid copper wire. If the 60W injector does not work, I would look for a bad connection. Maybe at the RJ45 connector.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So the other issue could be are you maxing out the camera at like 30FPS and too many IVS rules?

If you are try like 15FPS and see if it stablilizes.

RuralDude

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So the other issue could be are you maxing out the camera at like 30FPS and too many IVS rules?

If you are try like 15FPS and see if it stablilizes.
Sorry I didn't specify before, I have it running at 15FPS and 6100ish bitrate and only one IVS rule.

One thing I'm curious about it the time it shuts off each time is dusk or dawn, while tracking vehicles a couple times in the middle of the night it is just fine. The only thing that comes to mind is the night and day schedule that the camera runs on...ill have to look at the time it's set at and look at the time stamp when it shuts off.

Thanks for helping with this.

RuralDude

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It would not hurt to try the 60w injector. I went with a 90W injector on one of my big PTZ cameras and that did solve the problem. I am running Cat 6 cable with 23 gauge solid copper wire. If the 60W injector does not work, I would look for a bad connection. Maybe at the RJ45 connector.
Ill try the 60W later this week and if the weather cooperates ill put a tester on the cable again. I may have some cat6 in a box somewhere if i need to re-run.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That isn't really waterproof it is more water resistant than waterproof. Did you use dielectric grease?

RuralDude

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a PFT1200 injector from Andy coming and hopefully that will do the trick, ill update when I find out.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, I used the small waterproof connector inside of the wall mount housing included with the camera.
You really didn't read the link.
The included RJ-45 waterproof connector is OK, but it can be improved with Di-Electric grease in the connections: Permatex 22058 Dielectric Tune-Up Grease, 3 oz. Tube | Amazon, as well as wrapping the end with self-sealing silicon tape: Scotch Linerless Rubber Splicing Tape 130C, 3/4" Width, then finally wrap it with either black or white electrical tape: Scotch Super 33+ Vinyl Electrical Tape, 3/4 in x 66 ft, black or Scotch Vinyl Color Coding Electrical Tape 35, 1/2 in x 20 ft, white. Duct Seal is useful for sealing any holes or gaps in the junction boxes, as well as sealing conduit holes.

RuralDude

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You really didn't read the link.
The included RJ-45 waterproof connector is OK, but it can be improved with Di-Electric grease in the connections: Permatex 22058 Dielectric Tune-Up Grease, 3 oz. Tube | Amazon, as well as wrapping the end with self-sealing silicon tape: Scotch Linerless Rubber Splicing Tape 130C, 3/4" Width, then finally wrap it with either black or white electrical tape: Scotch Super 33+ Vinyl Electrical Tape, 3/4 in x 66 ft, black or Scotch Vinyl Color Coding Electrical Tape 35, 1/2 in x 20 ft, white. Duct Seal is useful for sealing any holes or gaps in the junction boxes, as well as sealing conduit holes.
I know I know, I replied a little quick, then read it and already ordered my tape as I have the other items. My apologies and thanks for the information, I will get er done!