SD59225U-HNI latest new firmware.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Dahua released the newer firmware for the ptz 5 series.
You can install on these cams.
SD59430U-HNI
SD59225U-HNI
SD59230U-HNI
SD52C225U-HNI
SD52C230U-HNI
SD50225U-HNI
SD50230U-HNI

PAL and NTSC is the main firmware for the camera(Download what your country use),PTZ function one is for the PTZ part,so there is no P or N.
When updating the firmware, have to upload main firmware and the PTZ both, no first or second, just do it one by one. Or else the camera lost the PTZ function.

After updating the 2 firmware, not forget to make a default on the camera, this is useful for all updating.

Risk: Not power off or network off during the updates, or else camera will die.

Attachments

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've installed here thank-you @EMPIRETECANDY so will see how things go :) Just to confirm it's a SD59225U-HNI here.

Last edited:

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've not really noticed anything different just yet - but wondering whether this should also apply to the PTZ1A225U-IRA-N as that currently has the same EOS based firmware file up on the Dahua website?

The PTZ MCU file is different but seems the standard firmware is the same across both ranges?

Pmedicj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I upgraded my SD-59225-HNI by loading the appropriate .bin files to a USB. The camera upgraded without a hitch. I too have yet to notice any difference.

Andy, What was fixed or added to this upgrade?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I upgraded my SD-59225-HNI by loading the appropriate .bin files to a USB. The camera upgraded without a hitch. I too have yet to notice any difference.

Andy, What was fixed or added to this upgrade?
Those guys not send me any docs ,i will ask them if can send me one.

jrf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Also update both, thanks again Andy!

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
As I reset to defaults each time and recreate the IVS rule it's hard to say but auto tracking seems more willing to zoom a bit at times on mine following cars on this new firmware - otherwise I've not really noticed any other major functionality differences to be honest.

It's entirely possible that's also due to me drawing the exit & entry box differently though.

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have this firmware installed on an SD59225 and a PTZ1A225U-IRA-N and they both show the same problem with the admin web page becoming unavailable after the camera has been up for a few days so guessing there may be a bug there for Dahua @EMPIRETECANDY

The video stream continues to work fine but you cannot access the web admin pages when they get into this state.

Both cameras have microSD cards in - 1 is a Toshiba Exceria M302 128GB and the other a Samsung Evo Plus 128GB.

Is anyone else seeing that problem whether running a microSD card or not please?

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have this firmware installed on an SD59225 and a PTZ1A225U-IRA-N and they both show the same problem with the admin web page becoming unavailable after the camera has been up for a few days so guessing there may be a bug there for Dahua @EMPIRETECANDY

The video stream continues to work fine but you cannot access the web admin pages when they get into this state.

Both cameras have microSD cards in - 1 is a Toshiba Exceria M302 128GB and the other a Samsung Evo Plus 128GB.

Is anyone else seeing that problem whether running a microSD card or not please?
Nope, I'm not having that issue/problem. Recording to DVR, no MicroSD card.

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just wrote in another post that I've set up LibreNMS and SNMP monitoring to try and get some more info about what's going on.

The PTZ1A225U and 59225 are both showing web lockups - both have microSD cards in there but I disabled writing to microSD card on the 1A225 and you can see that there is quite a big CPU difference between the two now microSD writing is disabled.

Screenshot 2018-08-05 at 11.58.45.png

Now look what happens to the SNMP CPU statistics when I try and access the webpage of a camera that doesn't respond:
Screenshot 2018-08-05 at 13.25.07.png

The CPU usage has jumped up to 100% in the camera when I tried to access the web admin pages which aren't responding (LibreNMS shows no change to network usage though which suggests there is no issue with the SNMP side of things).

The 59225 had the automatic reboot this morning but I'm guessing once that has the same problem the camera will show the same CPU jump - I'll keep an eye out for when it happens.

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I updated my SD52C225U-HNI with this firmware and it seems to have bricked my camera. I loaded the DH_SD-Eos_Eng_P_Stream3_V2.623.0000000.1.R.180627.bin file first and after the camera rebooted I was able to get back into the interface and then loaded the General_SD59XXX-HN-MAIN_MCU_V2.300.0000000.10.R.170926.bin file. After the second reboot the camera did not come back online. Is there an easy way to roll this back?

Last edited:

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It's not reverted to the default IP has it and showing up on Dahua Config Tool?

Silly question but have you physically power cycled the camera (remove the network cable and 12v if connected) as I had one where I had to do that after a camera didn't come online?

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It's not reverted to the default IP has it and showing up on Dahua Config Tool?

Silly question but have you physically power cycled the camera (remove the network cable and 12v if connected) as I had one where I had to do that after a camera didn't come online?
I used Angry IP to scan both my existing and default networks to no avail. I also power cycled the camera and I still can’t connect. I guess it’s time to learn about the un-bricking a camera process as described in the WIKI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That's a strange one - I upgraded mine with the same MCU file when I got it and it went fine. I guess there's always a risk with firmware.

Maybe worth using the 12v PSU with it connected to a machine running Wireshark to see what packets get sent out the interface - hopefully TFTP will sort it out though.

IP cameras are usually pretty hard to brick

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just to confirm the 59225 showed the same problem with the CPU jumping to 100% usage when you try and access a non-responsive webserver:

Screenshot 2018-08-06 at 07.32.54.png

The 1A225 stayed at 100% until I rebooted it last night.

Screenshot 2018-08-06 at 07.33.15.png

I've enabled general writing to microSD on the 1A225 again and it doe seem CPU is jumping up to the 40-50% mark like the other cameras so it definitely seems like writing to card brings a big CPU hit.

It does make you think that if autotracking etc and other IVS rules use the same CPU that you're better off without writing to a local microSD card.

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That's a strange one - I upgraded mine with the same MCU file when I got it and it went fine. I guess there's always a risk with firmware.

Maybe worth using the 12v PSU with it connected to a machine running Wireshark to see what packets get sent out the interface - hopefully TFTP will sort it out though.

IP cameras are usually pretty hard to brick
Apparently the main_mcu failed to load and now there is no ethernet connectivity. I reached out to Andy and he suggested I ship the camera back to him and he would have Dahua fix it and send it back. I looked into this but the shipping to China is ridiculously expensive. I have a NodeMCU that I can setup as a boot loader so I think I'll just see if I can fix this myself.

Reaction score
Apparently the main_mcu failed to load and now there is no ethernet connectivity. I reached out to Andy and he suggested I ship the camera back to him and he would have Dahua fix it and send it back. I looked into this but the shipping to China is ridiculously expensive. I have a NodeMCU that I can setup as a boot loader so I think I'll just see if I can fix this myself.
Did you have any luck restoring your camera? I am having the same issue. After applying MCU file the camera no longer responds. I verified that it powers up and checked the default subnet with no luck. I also opened the lid and pressed the reset button a couple different ways.