San Fran City Govt’s Response to Rising Crime Rate: Change ‘Convicted Felon’ to ‘Justice-Involved Person’

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The game with crime statistics, makes it very hard to do data science ...

sometimes you can't even compare easily the data in the same general "area" ( example, city may define crimes differently than the county... )

Speaking of crime stats.. this was interesting
( fyi - originally had the incorrect link... updated now )

of interest to us here is this graph, notice the high number during the low light hours.

1582938147008.png

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Fargo? like ND?

I mean its cold as shit there right, kinda like Minnesota... they all drink from noon on to stay warm
yup...

"People in Northern climates know that “cabin fever” is a real thing, although not as extreme as Jack Nicholson’s interpretation in The Shining. My point is that crime is simply more difficult when you have to scrape the windshield and warm up the engine of a vehicle before boosting it. "

opps... got the incorrect link in there...

let me grab the proper one.... and reset the above link...

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Man, those liberals are smarter than I gave them credit for....Just think, with the stroke of a pen they got rid of a chit-ton of convicts and felons. How wonderful they must feel, how safer it must be. San Fran needs to roll out the red carpet for all the country's "justice-involved individuals" and "returning residents." Call it homecoming and have a parade or somethin'. :rofl:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am in California and all I want to say is that I am praying none of these people are ever running this country. Time to vote all these idiots out.
I lived in Silicon Valley (Sunnyvale, Cupertino, Mountain View, Santa Clara) from 1974 to 2004 during a great tech boom. I'm in rural Alabama now (I was born and raised in GA) in "fly over country" and every day I thank God I got outta there when I did.

I'll say a prayer for you, man......AND our country and its leaders, as I do several times a day, every single day.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This is all due to the "pussification" of this country. Criminals now are given more rights and more freedoms than ever before, sometimes more than their victims. This began when President Obama was in office and he made it a point to make convicts more socially acceptable and to offer them reduce sentences, and more incentives while incarcerated to reduce the rates of recidivism. This is when his office told the DOJ to stop using terminology that was "offensive" to convicts. IMO it's all a joke. President Obama was pandering to a certain group of voters who have been arrested and incarcerated by the police to gain some more votes. He also created "National Renetry Week" for returning convicts to make the situation more public and to garnish more nationwide attention to show how his office was changing the criminal justice system. IMO just like the new NYC bail reform, its giving these criminals more freedoms and less repercussions for the heinous acts they commit. Its socially acceptable now to be convicted felon which in turn has made this country a less safe institution.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out how citing crazy laws and "trendy" PC out of Cali became a "Trump Rally"...? :idk:

Trump derangement syndrome - Wikipedia
TDS is real. Some of those that suffer from TDS are so out of their minds they'd slap a dude upside the head for wearing a ballcap that says "Make Fifty Great Again" while the dude was celebrating one evening on his 50th B-day.