??'s for someone way smarter than me

mark4470

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a 4 channel nvr from Nelly's That is a re-branded Hikvision. My question is if I upgrade to a 4K nvr that is compatible with my Hikvision cameras would it output the 2688x1520 resolution to my Samsung 42" 4K tv that I use for a monitor? Next question would my tv broadcast that resolution?

Thanks,
Mark

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It would output 4k not 4MP if your samsung supports that which it probably does.

But why?

mark4470

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It would output 4k not 4MP if your samsung supports that which it probably does.

But why?
It was just a question as of now my nvr only outputs 1080p or 2mp.. If I can get 4mp to my tv then why not?? I wasn't sure if it were possible?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Why not? Not worth the money, you're not going to notice the diff in live view enough.

mark4470

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Why not? Not worth the money, you're not going to notice the diff in live view enough.
Have you ever tried it? I continuous record, when it goes to full screen monitoring surly you could tell a difference couldn't you?

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you ever tried it? I continuous record, when it goes to full screen monitoring surly you could tell a difference couldn't you?
On a 42", probably not much.

Will there be a slight improvement, yes. Will it be like going from SD to HD? No.

mark4470

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments... I should state that would not be the reason for an upgrade... More Cameras :eek:range: