"Run:error 5/193" in log when running script on alert

Cantello

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently switched all notifications to Pushover and I am trying to use this python script here: GitHub - scudre/pushover-blueiris: Python script to send Blue Iris motion detection alerts via Pushover
The script is entered as an on-alert action and everything works fine when testing the script in the action window.
However, as soon as a real-world alert comes in, no notification is sent and in BI's log the "Run:error 5/193" appears. The script's log is not changed at all.

Any idea how to troubleshoot this or what could cause this behaviour? I am using 5.5.4.5 in a Windows 10 VM and have installed python from the Windows app store.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
One option is to drop the python middleman and send the api call directly using curl.exe.

Cantello

n3wb
Reaction score
One option is to drop the python middleman and send the api call directly using curl.exe.
First I thought, 'great, another problem to solve instead of proper help' but after reading the links it was actually great help and I have now tailored the notifications to my needs and it works perfectly. Some problems with curl needed to be fixed and testing the alert did not really work (as described in the manual, expanding the variables only happens for 'real' alerts) but then everything fell into place. Thanks a lot!