RJ45 o HDMI adapter

WiSE

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if somebody could share their experience and maybe a solution for my problem.

For a long time I was able to manage the request of connecting a monitor in a different area then were the NVR is stored, with these small adapters:
1642185189541.png
The issue now is that I needed to change the position of a monitor for more or less 30/40 meters from the actual NVR position. Resulting in flickering screen on the monitor. I guess this is a direct result of the increase of the distance.

Does anybody know if there is a "powered" solution? Or something simular but with a bigger distance?

Thanks in advance!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm using for a 4K 60hz 4:4:4 chroma signal, which is a steal at $115 considering you get the longer range for about the same price as the shorter range units. I don't use anywhere near the maximum range, but I figure the longer range model is probably going to have better signal integrity over a short distance anyway.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried these? They allegedly allow for 1-to-many distribution, which could be awesome for a whole-house SuperBowl™️ party:

You should temper your expectations with those. These don't use HDBaseT (which I believe is lossless with close to zero added latency). Instead, the encoders compress the video and audio and send it over a regular IP network using multicast, typically with a proprietary protocol so they don't interoperate with other brands and models. You get some delay (and possibly even A/V sync issues) and quality loss because they use lossy mjpeg or H.264 for the compression. Plus I don't think they are engineered with much competency. I've tried a number of chinese HDMI encoding devices like this and they all have weird flaws like screwing up the contrast, dropping frames, slightly cropping and stretching the image, making interlaced video feeds bounce up and down.

On the bright side, these will work over any IP network that is sufficiently fast and reliable. You could even send the video over a dedicated wireless bridge, I bet, if you got an extender kit that uses H.264 compression. The ones that use MJPEG will use a lot of bandwidth, and it just isn't reasonable to expect that to work well on wifi unless conditions are pristine.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

I put these in at work. I wanted to have monitors at different ends of the building to be so the machine operator’s of one of our machines could see the computer screen to watch production without having to walk across the building to get to the PC.