Remove Blue Iris camera titles?

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Since updating, I have these titles on all cameras in the Web and in the client. Any way to remove? I've spent a good hour looking through all the settings and I can't find anything to remove them

1633898545310.png

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
You need to go into the edit mode for the layout. You can shut them off there. The edit layout icon is on the upper bar, right side. Have fun re-arranging things the way you want them. Take notes for each change so you can go back when it blows up.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Since updating, I have these titles on all cameras in the Web and in the client. Any way to remove? I've spent a good hour looking through all the settings and I can't find anything to remove them
Right-click on a live image and in the context menu uncheck "Show camera names."

EDIT: BTW, it's for ALL cams, not just for the cam live image that was right-clicked.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Ahh, I was right for a change. On the upper menu bar, top of the screen, on the right is a new icon for edit layout. Mouse over the icons to make sure you get the right one, there's a pop-up describing it.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Two steps:
1. Select Edit layout (icon right next to the gear)
2. Right click on screen and deselect Show camera names

Edit: everybody was posting at once, I see you've got it... :p

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Oh man, now the frame rate in UI3 is super low on viewing all cameras... I should have stayed on the old version!

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
I've bumped it all the way up and no change, its like it stuck on 5-10 fps when viewing all cameras. As soon as I click on one its the full 15FPS I have set

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah it is odd, its super jerky. I'm not sure what changed

I might roll back and deal with this another time, its like I'm watching it on a 20 year old computer that can't keep up

mrc545

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there any way to make the blue title bar smaller on 5.5.x.x? I upgraded from 5.4.9.18 and they are at least twice as thick with the new version. I like having the names and status on each camera with the bar, but those huge ones on 25+ cameras are obnoxious.

Sphinxicus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Oh man, now the frame rate in UI3 is super low on viewing all cameras... I should have stayed on the old version!
its funny that you mention that. This has always been the way for me and i just accepted that it was that way because of using sub-streams. Kind of like it was just reducing the load on the webserver by streaming all cams view at a lower fps than when solo viewing.

This is the state when viewing all cams
all-cams-view.PNG

This is the state when i solo a cam.
solo-cam-view.PNG

Like i said above, i assumed it was a way of the webserver being prudent with its resource usage because when i solo the cam i get full frame-rate configured in my cameras main stream (15FPS) and also full resolution. Then when i go back to viewing all cams, the resolution/quality drops to what i have assumed is sub-stream resolution. However, now you have mentioned it, my sub-streams are configured to 15FPS also. :idk:

My BI version is 5.5.0.13

hikky_b

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
its funny that you mention that. This has always been the way for me and i just accepted that it was that way because of using sub-streams. Kind of like it was just reducing the load on the webserver by streaming all cams view at a lower fps than when solo viewing.

This is the state when viewing all cams

This is the state when i solo a cam.

Like i said above, i assumed it was a way of the webserver being prudent with its resource usage because when i solo the cam i get full frame-rate configured in my cameras main stream (15FPS) and also full resolution. Then when i go back to viewing all cams, the resolution/quality drops to what i have assumed is sub-stream resolution. However, now you have mentioned it, my sub-streams are configured to 15FPS also. :idk:

My BI version is 5.5.0.13
This is configured in the group webcasting settings:

Screenshot 2021-10-22 at 11.55.44.png

Sphinxicus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This is configured in the group webcasting settings:

View attachment 105725
excellent! I had beet trying to find such a config option in the advanced part of the web server settings. I have to say, i've never clicked on the group settings icon till now lol. I have never set up groups as i didnt think i had enough cameras to warrent it (yet).

Thanks for pointing that out. Every day is a school day!