Remote manage 2 BI systems from a third at same time?

rldun

n3wb
Reaction score
A customer I have has 64 cams split between 2 BI systems. They have recently set up a security room to monitor both systems. I have a pc with 2 55" samsung signage monitors and they are currently using UI3 for each. My colleague and I are discussing using BI on that security computer to remote manage both rather than the UI. Can this be done to monitor both simultaneously on different screens or am I best to just use UI3 as am currently doing?

whoami ™

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I dont know your whole network set up.... But If you have a VPN running on the remote network, like in pfSense on a Netgate firewall appliance, then you could remote into the network and use Windows Remote Desktop to open up two sessions. One of each PC running BI. I'm assuming you dont need assistance on how to use two screens.

I run my BI server headless in a rack so the only way I ever access it is through a RDP session.

You can run a VPN server on anything tho... Like a Raspberry Pi running Linux... I'm just a pfSense addict. You don't need something expensive.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Just a note if using rdp as @whoami ™ suggesting. You will need to go into the settings>cameras tab in BI and change video during remote session to unrestricted. The default is 1 frame every 5 seconds.