IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Just got this... I thin this might be the end for me

1677196016252.png

nhs128

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Agreed. But I’ve not found a solution that is as accurate just yet unfortunately.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ugh. We don't cost them anything.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Yup, I'm thinking about killing it too. It's doubled since I first started using it.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Honestly for $20/mo, I'll just increase storage for my LPR cams and scroll back through. I will miss getting alerts etc, but I'm not sure its worth $20/mo. That's a lot of money for something that they are not even providing since I'm using webhooks anyway

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Exactly. But therein lies the problem LOL.

If we went to them in a group and say we don't use their data hosting and we just want the ability to scrape the data, they may eliminate that as a possibility.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Exactly. But therein lies the problem LOL.

If we went to them in a group and say we don't use their data hosting and we just want the ability to scrape the data, they may eliminate that as a possibility.
I wouldn't even be so mad if they were actually improving the service. There has been quite a few outages and the GPU support is still terrible with artifacts all over the images

I pay less for much better services

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh exactly, I think those of us that remember free say the quality was just as good then as when they started charging $5 and actually went down once they went to $8

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In our emails to Rekor, should we mention that AI has come a long way since we first subscribed and there are now free options available to those using a VMS system and they are essentially costing themselves out of the market.

Now they may not care and management changes so it might now work, but I thought early on when it went from free to pay, the initial offering was like $45/month and enough home hobbyist complained and they came up with the $5 home plan for those of us not using it in a business setting.

nhs128

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I wouldn't even be so mad if they were actually improving the service. There has been quite a few outages and the GPU support is still terrible with artifacts all over the images

I pay less for much better services
What other services do you use?

djmadfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm going to spin up a docker instance to see what kind of data it spits out and how much we really need the monthly fee. You can change the data destination. I never personally messed around with it though. The software seems to do all of the heavy lifting anyway.

1677204390716.png

kjlf94301

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm going to spin up a docker instance to see what kind of data it spits out and how much we really need the monthly fee. You can change the data destination. I never personally messed around with it though. The software seems to do all of the heavy lifting anyway.

View attachment 155162
It outputs a json object documented on their site to the specified web server but it stops doing it after 14 or 30 days or something. It also has the local queue that you can retrieve stuff from beanstalk but I had issues with that after the trial ended as well.

Last edited:

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score

View attachment 155162
Results (from your cams) are sent to their servers first. If you have an active subscription, then you can both view plates on their cloud dashboard and setup webhooks to forward those results to a custom database to accept them for processing and viewing. I’ve been using this for a while: OpenALPR Webhook Processor for IP Cameras

I had that custom code developed and then @mlapaglia took it over and ran with it and created something even better. He experimented with trying to intercept the payload between the Rektor client and their cloud servers, but the client calls home to verify you have an active subscription before data is sent.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Results (from your cams) are sent to their servers first.
I don't think that is the case. The last winter storm I lost internet access for 4 days, but using the other utility someone made, I kept getting the plates in that system despite no internet access.