Rekor Scout Outage?

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yep. I thought it was my setup at first, went and checked, everything seems to be working, except them.

Edit: It seems to be up now, 1:35 pm ET, with my first plate at 12:40 pm, but it missed one, at least, so maybe it is coming back up.

Edit2: It may be related to the AWS issues that seem to be getting better. I hadn't looked into what could be down until now. Life360 is also struggling, among others.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It must not be system-wide, as my Rekor (knock on wood) doesn't appear to have any blocks of time missing. Doesn't mean maybe I didn't have a small window, but I have what appears to be the normal hourly plates coming through.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Believe me, we all here would love to have a stand-alone version that could run locally.

One of these days, someone will take it upon themselves to train a model to read plates. I think we are getting close.

I think @MikeLud1 has creating that as a New Years resolution :lmao:

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Believe me, we all here would love to have a stand-alone version that could run locally.

One of these days, someone will take it upon themselves to train a model to read plates. I think we are getting close.

I think @MikeLud1 has creating that as a New Years resolution :lmao:
I am thinking about it, I found the below GitHub repository that I might try to improve on. Along with the Python scripts in the below post. If I do it it will not be until sometime early next year.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Someone setup a GoFundMe page for @MikeLud1 :D

I am thinking about it, I found the below GitHub repository that I might try to improve on. Along with the Python scripts in the below post. If I do it it will not be until sometime early next year.

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
And that's why you don't rely on the freakin' cloud! :mad: God only knows what Bezos does with whatever transmits via AWS
That would be why I record my LPR camera, and all my cameras 24/7. If motion misses something, or something occurs outside my motion range, I still have it for a week or two. If a local ALPR option becomes available, I'll take it too!

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yep, I record it locally and actually just upped the amount I'm recording too. If Rekor ups the price a cent more, I'm out
If @MikeLud1 gets it half working, I'll gladly jump in and depart Rekor. My coding skills stopped with BASIC :oops: But, if @MikeLud1 needs someone to test it, I can probably break it, let me know!

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
One thing that is super frustrating is that apparently Rekor had no idea half their users were down...

Great support for a paid product when your users know more about an outage than you

1640220324807.png

I work in IT, and you have to be super incompetent to not even have some BASIC monitoring in place

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I think if we all supply some plates for the model, it would improve its ability.

Nice response from Rekor LOL. I have yet to call a customer service where they knew more than me LOL.

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The way I figured out it was down was when I checked the web interface, to confirm that it picked up a potential drug deal. I got a bad gateway response for a couple of hours. I checked the Rekor service, they were all running, checked my camera video, crystal clear plate in daylight. Hmmm.....missed several over several hours. I am in a very low traffic area, I run 300-500 plates per week on one 24 hour camera, one daylight only camera.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
The way I figured out it was down was when I checked the web interface, to confirm that it picked up a potential drug deal. I got a bad gateway response for a couple of hours. I checked the Rekor service, they were all running, checked my camera video, crystal clear plate in daylight. Hmmm.....missed several over several hours. I am in a very low traffic area, I run 300-500 plates per week on one 24 hour camera, one daylight only camera.
So I am off the hook then? ;-)