Reinstall BI with expired license

Hans007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi All.
Im having some issues with my PC and therefor need to reinstall it, but the thing is my license just expired and i was wondering if im still able to do it and also get it back up to v 5.6.5.4

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you still have BI on the computer, deregister it first and then unininstall and then reinstall.

You will probably pop up as the evaluation version, so then go the BI subforum and find the version prior to when you expired and then rollback to thar version.

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
After you install the new version under settings select "Check for News and Updates" then select "Another Previous Update" then select from the popup list a version within your timeframe.

EXAMPLE pic
BI backdate.JPG

ternzer

n3wb
Reaction score
My OS hard drive died and i cant de-register the install. I cant recover the backup file either. I have tried installing and rolling back to previous versions but i cant get my key to validate on the entry sreen. any suggestions?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My OS hard drive died and i cant de-register the install. I cant recover the backup file either. I have tried installing and rolling back to previous versions but i cant get my key to validate on the entry sreen. any suggestions?
Look to see if you have an email from BI that has your key in it. If not then you will need to reach out to BI support via email.

ternzer

n3wb
Reaction score
yes. i have the email with the key. - i bought it from the store here. i just cant get the key to activate the "next" button on the key screen. I have rolled back to a half dozen different versions.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
yes. i have the email with the key. - i bought it from the store here. i just cant get the key to activate the "next" button on the key screen. I have rolled back to a half dozen different versions.
If you cannot hit the next button that means you're not entering the key correctly. Are you entering the dashes?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Post a screenshot of what happens when you try to enter the key. If it has been tried to many times, an email to BI support will be needed.