Red Zero

Westlake

n3wb
Reaction score
I had a friend help me install BI on a new 5 cam system. I do not possess a blackbelt in IP Cam software and have been having a bit of a time trying to get everything working properly. I realize there is a learning curve. My 1st camera, Camera 1 is not recording. Right now, it appears there is an issue with a Red Zero being displayed on the upper left corner of the Cam 1 window. Apparently it indicates that the cam is inactive. When opening the camera/general tab via settings the Name box (named Camera 1) has been enabled via check mark. Below is a series of multi-colored of numbers beginning with a faded red zero that shows inactive. The following 1 through seven all indicate active.
How do I activate Camera 1 so it records like the other 4 Cams. Assuming the Red Zero status has everything to do with this issue. Thank you in advance for any advice.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I had a friend help me install BI on a new 5 cam system. I do not possess a blackbelt in IP Cam software and have been having a bit of a time trying to get everything working properly. I realize there is a learning curve. My 1st camera, Camera 1 is not recording. Right now, it appears there is an issue with a Red Zero being displayed on the upper left corner of the Cam 1 window. Apparently it indicates that the cam is inactive. When opening the camera/general tab via settings the Name box (named Camera 1) has been enabled via check mark. Below is a series of multi-colored of numbers beginning with a faded red zero that shows inactive. The following 1 through seven all indicate active.
How do I activate Camera 1 so it records like the other 4 Cams. Assuming the Red Zero status has everything to do with this issue. Thank you in advance for any advice.
The zero will always be inactive. If all the cameras are using a different profile than this problem camera check the cameras individual schedule to see if you have selected override global.
If you cant figure it out the easiest solution is to simply delete the camera in BI and add it back