Recommendation for an OwlCam?

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I put up a Barn Owl box in hopes of attracting one to eat all of my gophers:

OwlBoxMountedFromBelow.jpg

I have an old MicroSeven POE camera inside an ABS baffle mounted to the side of the box:

MicroSevenCamOutsideOwlBox.jpg

and an old Reolink RLC-411 POE Zoom camera looking at the outside from about 50' away. It's OK during the day:

RLC-411_Daytime.jpg
but it's a bit useless at night. Reolink doesn't store focus points, and autofocus just doesn't work at night:

RLC-411_WontAutoFocus.jpg

Furthermore the auto-exposure doesn't work very well when zoomed in (see above), and the manual exposure control is similarly useless. What I want is something like this exposure, or better:

RLC-411_CorrectExposure.jpg

but zoomed in and focused, so I have a chance of actually watching an owl fly in.

RTSP support is a must, as eventually I'll want to use ffmpeg to stream a "2-up" mosaic to YouTube. Right now I have it on two different channels, and the exterior view is intermittent because Reolink cameras don't like RTSP clients disconnecting.

Resolution is not terribly important, as I'm more interested in image quality at YouTube dimensions, e.g. 1080p-ish.

Any suggestions on a ~$100 camera for the exterior view? I'd also be interested in a better option for the interior view. Thanks!