Question on IPC-T2831 housing

Billyjack5

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a couple of 8mp IPC-T2831T-AS S2s that I bought from Andy that have the plastic housing and trim ring, but the 8mp varifocal model--also listed as from the "lite" collection--appears to have full aluminum housing found in the non-lite models, which is what I'm needing for this particular camera. Can anyone confirm that the IPC-T2831T-ZS S2 has metal housing?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

FarmerDan

n3wb
Reaction score
I am new here. I just received my IPC-T2831T-ZS yesterday. Was expecting a plastic camera, but was pleasantly surprised to feel the sturdy metal construction when I unpacked it. Can confirm the camera body and the mount are metal. I assume aluminum but can't confirm.

Trying to figure out the polarity of the 12vdc power connector now.

Also wondering if the 2 little bags that appear to be desiccant should come out of the camera before I get started.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Leave the desiccant in the camera and don't even open it up unless you like condensation on the lens components inside the camera.

The center pin of the power connector is positive.

Last edited:

FarmerDan

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the info! I closed it back up and put the SD card hatch back on. Powered it up and got my first look at the web interface. I'm excited to get acquainted with this little beauty!