Question about my Reolink C1 Pro

Reaction score
So we bought this camera to check in on our pet. Two times something in the area of the camera has made a "yip" noise, however it only records motion and the event is not saved...It has a decent password on it so I am confused if it could be coming from that or not. There are no others and no tv or phone was on at the time.

Just at a loss of what it could be.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So we bought this camera to check in on our pet. Two times something in the area of the camera has made a "yip" noise, however it only records motion and the event is not saved...It has a decent password on it so I am confused if it could be coming from that or not. There are no others and no tv or phone was on at the time.

A post by @fenderman this past April: Vulnerabilities in IP cameras

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Welcome @Subliminal87

As noted, many IoT / internet connected cameras has significant security holes. Recommend turning off UPnP and P2P on your router and closing ports which it may have opened along with checking out the VPN notes ( see the wiki section ).