Question about Logitech Alert cameras 700n 700i 750o

MMM-IT

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello

I saw the Logitech Alert Cameras are no more usable via Alert Commander since Alert Commander uses a flash player and the flash player is no more supported.

The Blue Iris software is it based on Logitech alert or accesses the cameras without using the Alert Commander interface drivers ?

That means if I buy a version of BI - can I run the Logitech cameras ?

Thanks for some information before I can chose to buy BI Software.

Best regards

MMM

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Blue Iris pulls the video feed from cameras.

I would think as long as the Logitech camera is already configured, it would simply be a matter of putting in the IP address, user and PW of the Logitech into BI and let it find it.

BI has a demo/trial version, so give it a try and see if it works. Also do a search here for any tips that folks had to do to get the cams to work in BI. I recall some people having success pulling the feeds from the Logitech Alert cams into BI.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have some old Logitech Alerts and occasionally connect one to BI for a project here and there without the need to use the Commander software. You can't use hardware acceleration with them.

In case you didn't know, there's a class action suit against Logitech for their cameras/systems: Home | Logitech Alert Settlement
If you purchased any of these items, you may be entitled to compensation.

Last edited: