Q-See Configuration

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a Q-See Wi-Fi HD Camera (model QCW4K1MCB) and would like to set it to a static IP. Q-See's app requires you to log in but since they are out of business that doesn't work. Reading some online manuals it should be possible to access the camera and its settings via a web portal by entering the IP of the cam. However, I tried both just the IP as well as [IP]:85. Neither brings up anything. How can I configure this cam?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Q-See QCW4K1MCB

1631766280925.png

iirc this is a Dahua OEM camera, so I would see if you can use the Dahua config tool.
( DahuaWiki )

As you noted, Qsee often adjusted their port number on the cameras to port 85 ( instead of 80 ) for cameras which have webservers running.

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That is exactly the two Q-See cams I have.

• The Dahua tool indeed can see both cams including a 'real' Dahua Cam.
  • Clicking on the web link for the two Q-See cams pulls up [IP]:85 but it doesn't work (as expected as I tried that before)
  • Using port 80, i.e. leaving out the port number also doesn't work for either of the two Q-See cams
  • Using the web link for my Dahua camera works
  • Trying to change the IP address doesn't work for the Q-See cam. I can see an orange exclamation mark showing up so I think it is re-initializing but even after refresh the page in the application, power cycle the cam and again refresh the application, restart the application it still shows the same IP.
Edit: Actually you can click on that exclamation mark. When I do so it says "Network error. Maybe timeout." I actually can connect to it in BI. I just want to put it on a static IP.

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is exactly the two Q-See cams I have.

• The Dahua tool indeed can see both cams including a 'real' Dahua Cam.
  • Clicking on the web link for the two Q-See cams pulls up [IP]:85 but it doesn't work (as expected as I tried that before)
  • Using port 80, i.e. leaving out the port number also doesn't work for either of the two Q-See cams
  • Using the web link for my Dahua camera works
  • Trying to change the IP address doesn't work for the Q-See cam. I can see an orange exclamation mark showing up so I think it is re-initializing but even after refresh the page in the application, power cycle the cam and again refresh the application, restart the application it still shows the same IP.
Edit: Actually you can click on that exclamation mark. When I do so it says "Network error. Maybe timeout." I actually can connect to it in BI. I just want to put it on a static IP.
Hi @rfj

Are you connecting to the RJ45 port?
( wired on the back )

You may need to try to reset to factory defaults.

I may have posted a few Qsee manuals here before the Qsee site went dark ..

1631771829253.png

attached the spec sheet

Attachments

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
also see the discussion in the following thread.. ( not certain if there was a solution posted for wifi, so please check and update this thread .. )

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It turns out resetting the camera indeed let me change it to a fixed IP with the Dahua tool. The first few times I tried to reset it it didn't work. I tried various lengths of pressing the button (from the 15s it should take to 30s). I then disconnected the camera from power and let it sit around overnight. Then I first pressed the reset button with the camera disconnected. Then I connected it and pressed the reset button at various lengths from some 15-20s. This time it worked. I kind of doubt that disconnecting the cam and pressing the button when the camera is not connected did it. I probably didn't do it right the first time around. But I figured I mention it anyways just in case the reset doesn't work for somebody else.

Thank you for all the input. I appreciate it.

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Actually, I have an additional question. These cams are supposed to be WiFi cams. So far I used Ethernet connections but my wife doesn't like that. I can't see any way in the Dahua tool to switch them from Ethernet to WiFi. And I still can't get to the web portal (which I don't quite understand why not). Is there a way to do this?