Push notifications from IP camera's IO by any means possible?

Budgey

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all,

This is my last desperate post on this subject.

If anyone has a solution for me to receive push notifications from my IP camera's Alarm IO (external PIR sensor) to my iOS device by any means possible (or even to an Android device for that matter - because will buy one if necessary) then it will really be appreciated!

Up until recently iVMS-4500 was reliably doing this for years. I have tried the HikConnect app, but it is only possible to get push notifications from the software based motion detection or line crossing feature - not IO as far as I can tell.

if anyone has any ideas at all, then I would appreciate it soooo much! I'm willing to try anything at this point as it's quite urgent.

Thanks in advance... :)

watchful_ip

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Unless others have better suggestions, I'd check out if ONVIF can help. Certainly you can register push events for some things and I would assume alarm outputs also though I've not had need to personally check.

FYI I don't use the app, iVMS, hik connect etc so I am sure others will know more.

speedmeup

n3wb
Reaction score
if you have something like a raspberry pi running then you could use nodered with the hikvisionUltimateAlarm node to react to the local alarm input and fire off any event you like. Personally I'd send an mqtt message and use homebridge mqttthing to send it to the native apple Home (HomeKit) app on an iOS device

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all,

This is my last desperate post on this subject.

If anyone has a solution for me to receive push notifications from my IP camera's Alarm IO (external PIR sensor) to my iOS device by any means possible (or even to an Android device for that matter - because will buy one if necessary) then it will really be appreciated!

Up until recently iVMS-4500 was reliably doing this for years. I have tried the HikConnect app, but it is only possible to get push notifications from the software based motion detection or line crossing feature - not IO as far as I can tell.

if anyone has any ideas at all, then I would appreciate it soooo much! I'm willing to try anything at this point as it's quite urgent.

Thanks in advance... :)
The Hik Connect app works fine with IO alarms - I'm using it myself. Unfortunately (unlike iVMS) with the Hik Connect app, to receive the notifications you are forced to use the Hik Connect method of connection as push notifications are not supported if you connect via IP address/domain name.

I'm not sure why it has stopped working on iVMS for you - unless it's due to a recent iOS update.

Budgey

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks so much everybody for your replies. :)
I will look further in to all your suggestions. I do have a Raspberry Pi knocking about, so that could be in interesting little project.
in the short term I will look again at Hik-Connect using their method of connection, rather than IP/Domain.
In terms of iVMS, when I initially lost push notifications I went ahead and changed my region from Europe to USA and then they stated working again. Sadly, after about 24 hours they stopped working once more and even after changing to every available region they never worked again. I assumed it was more of a Hikvision issue...
Thanks again. I will report back when I find a solution. :thumb:

Budgey

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Right, here's where i'm at:

I could not get HikConnect to work with notifications, even with using their connection method - so eventually ditched that.

Then, I created an account on Pushover.net and installed their app on my iPhone. This enabled me to receive push notifications to my iOS device via the email gateway. Works great, but the only problem with this is the 30-second-ish delay between alarm IO (external PIR) activation and receipt of the push notification. Good as a temp fix, but...

So, I dug out an old Raspberry Pi 2 and installed Raspian Lite which i'm running headless. I installed Node-red along with the Hikvision Ultimate Alarm node and the Pushover node.

I then tried to create the most basic flow, but i'll be honest even with that I am a bit out of my depth. I thought it would be self explanatory: IP camera alarm node reacting to IO event, and then flowing straight into Pushover node to fire off the push notification.

Currently, with this setup I do get instant (within a second) push notifications to my iPhone. Note though, I said notificationS - this is because when triggered I currently receive about 250!

What the hell is going on - can anyone give me a brief description of what my flow should look like?

Yours hopefully,
Terry...

Budgey

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ooooh, after a bit of tinkering I think I might have fixed that with the trigger node.
This node-red is awesome. Super interesting.
Have a good weekend all - i'm gonna crack a beer open! :p