PTZ Setup Issues

qtronics

n3wb
Reaction score
I purchased a jennov A76WM55-5X-EA PTZ camera but I cannot get the PTZ part of it to work in blue iris. It works fine on the web interface. I have tried several option and nothing works.
DropDown.png

Screenshot 2021-04-16 171452.png

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
go to Information and see what is your file system version, the if it is MC500L then try ONVIF(OXML) under ptz/control

else delete the camera and then add and use the find /inspect ..
I also have a MC200J2 and i dont have any problems with cameras that use this web interface.

file version.jpg

Last edited:

Edcfish

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
i have a jennov camera, but it has a slightly different in appearance interface. anyway. I used the PELCO D setting on the camera and here are the settings in BI that worked for me.
jipc.png

qtronics

n3wb
Reaction score
I check all of the settings. Deleted it and re added it. Got the same results. The only difference I can see is the camera software is a different version.
Also can I cannot connect to the camera in firefox. Only in IE.

Screenshot 2021-04-16 180347.png
Screenshot 2021-04-16 180541.png
Screenshot 2021-04-16 180609.png

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
ok i have noticed yours is a bullet, mine is a speed dome. .
try IPG,Escam, Yucheng.
It worked for my bullet.

yucheng.jpg

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I check all of the settings. Deleted it and re added it. Got the same results. The only difference I can see is the camera software is a different version.
Also can I cannot connect to the camera in firefox. Only in IE.
Yes it only work on IE,

Another setting page I would like to verify.
I dont have html5 but the rest of the numbers match.

qtronics

n3wb
Reaction score
No Luck with the IPG Either. I reached out the manufacturer. Hopefully they will have some answers. I will post what I find out from them.

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No Luck with the IPG Either. I reached out the manufacturer. Hopefully they will have some answers. I will post what I find out from them.
ok good luck.. i bought mine from aliexpress but i dont have any good experience with the seller's response.
Alternatively, u can email BI for support if it's not expired yet.

qtronics

n3wb
Reaction score
I could just keep doing what I have been for the last month. Buying and returning cameras that are supposed to work and don't. So far I have returned 7 of them and this might be the 8th one. The funny part is there is only one brand that has done what it says it will. It is also the only one that gives me full color at night. I have actually thought about just buying more of those and ditching the PTZ just because it has been such a headache. I will reach out to BI First and see what they say.

Edcfish

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
FWIW... your settings in post 5 (except for the HTML5 port) match what is working for me with my 2018 model.

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I could just keep doing what I have been for the last month. Buying and returning cameras that are supposed to work and don't. So far I have returned 7 of them and this might be the 8th one. The funny part is there is only one brand that has done what it says it will. It is also the only one that gives me full color at night. I have actually thought about just buying more of those and ditching the PTZ just because it has been such a headache. I will reach out to BI First and see what they say.
If u want reliable .. go for the dahua ptz .. if u wan to roll the dice with these cheap cheapies then then what you pay is what you get :)

qtronics

n3wb
Reaction score
If u want reliable .. go for the dahua ptz .. if u wan to roll the dice with these cheap cheapies then then what you pay is what you get :)
I realize that buying cheap cameras is not the best way to do this. But my budget is not 3.5K to 4K on a camera system. So cheap is my only option. I wish my budget was higher so I could buy the really good stuff. Currently I have 4 cameras setup and working quite well. I need 3 more to get the coverage I want.

I don't get what I pay for. I get things that don't even work as advertised. I am buying cheap camera's knowing full well that they will not work as well as the ones like Dahua or the more expensive brands. But I would expect them to at least do what they say they do.
I think we all are victims of false advertising these days. Not just with cameras but with just about anything we buy.

I have never set up a camera system before and the total lack of accurate information on the internet is frustrating. With the amount of time I have wasted with disinformation (false advertising) I should have just hired someone to install a canned system. But I have too much time and money invested already to scrap it now. Plus without spending several thousand dollars on a installed system I would probably get the same cheap camera with a huge markup and install bill.

What mid level brand do you recommend. I am looking to spend about 150.00 each on POE PTZ Camera.

The ones I have had the best luck with so far are Amcrest. But the POE PTZ they have is way outside of my budget.

From what I am seeing in these replies everyone that has the older version of this camera has it working. There must be something the manufacturer changed that broke it. Or I have a defective camera.

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Same.. i buy these cheapies with the full knowledge that they will not work as well as the ones like Dahua.
The sd49225XA-HNR is highly rated here and can buy from Andy.

Else try Aliexpress, look out for those with many orders and has many customer reviews.

also what type of ptz u looking for ? 4x zoom, 10x zoom, 20x, 30x bullet or Speed dome ?

many choices avaliable really.

qtronics

n3wb
Reaction score
Same.. i buy these cheapies with the full knowledge that they will not work as well as the ones like Dahua.
The sd49225XA-HNR is highly rated here and can buy from Andy.

Else try Aliexpress, look out for those with many orders and has many customer reviews.

also what type of ptz u looking for ? 4x zoom, 10x zoom, 20x, 30x bullet or Speed dome ?

many choices avaliable really.
I am looking for a bullet camera. I don't think Zoom is crucial.

I have a neighbor that has a camera pointed into my back yard and I want to have one that follows him when he walks around near my property. Or even on his. The is a long drawn out story but suffice it to say he is a real "NICE GUY".
He has 2 camera on his house and they are both pointed at my property. One at my driveway and the other into my back yard. I tried to do something about it but apparently it is legal as long as he is not looking into my windows. His wife has verbally attacked my 21 year old daughter about 20 times in the last 3 years. Threatened her with a gun on my property once too. He got nasty with my 18yr old son and my son just stared at him and laughed.

I may have to just use this one and save up for the upgrade. I need to capture all of this stuff so I can show it to the police if I need too. The police told him more than once to back off before something "bad" happened. They are the ones that recommended I put a camera system in.

From what I read following someone automatically can be dome with BI AI and a PTZ Camera. But I need to get the PTZ part working first. The other option I have considered is only using 1 PTZ and getting the inexpensive ones for the back yard.

Edcfish

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I installed 1 SV3C POE IP camera. a 1080 (2MP) dome camera.
It functioned minimally well, but lacked in features and reliability was not bad..it lasted over 2 years before being replaced with a newer Dahua.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
SV3C is low end consumer grade junk. Ibought two, varifocl bullets, and one went to recycling and the other is destined for the same fate. No way to control frame, bit or iframe rates makes them useless, especially at night.