PTZ not working in Blue Iris 5 for Amcrest ASH21

Reaction score
Hello,
does anybody have an Amcrest ASH21 Smart Home camera and have the PTZ working in Blue Iris 5? I recently got two of these cameras and I've tried all the Amcrest, Dahua selections in the PTZ /CONTROL tab together with all the Amcrest, Dahua options in the VIDEO configuration tab, and I am unable to get PTZ working. I also used the "FIND/INSPECT" button in the VIDEO tab, this brings up GENERIC/ONVIF option that gets video stream also but noPTZ operation.

The enable “PAN/TILT/ZOOM” box is checked, I am running Blue Iris 5 as admin, and the “Require Admin” box is not checked. PTZ works in the Amcrest smart home app, and also Amcrest Surveillance Pro, and from my Android phone in Tinycam Pro. I’m able to get the video stream fine, the blue arrows show up on the screen and the border turns blue but the camera doesn't move at all from Blue Iris. I also deleted the camera and started over from scratch with all the different combinations of video configurations and PTZ options. The camera is hard wired to the network and I tried swapping out the cable. It is connected with a cat 6 cable now. I have two other Amcrest cameras, IP3 - 941 and the PTZ works fine on those.
I have searched the forum and google. I've spent a number of hours working on this, to no avail. I see some others have had issues with PTZ with Amcrest cameras, but none of those solutions have worked for me, unless I missed something which is entirely possible.
Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Edit: I contacted Blue Iris support, I received an email stating that this issue is in the queue to be worked on.

Edit update: 10-4-2020

After considerable efforts to try to get the PTZ to work, and the fact that the cameras kept constantly loosing signal when motion was detected, despite being connected directly to my network (CAT 6 cables), and firmware updates and factory reset, I have returned these cameras. I wanted to like them , I did like the auto track feature, but they returned to the previous position too quickly when motion paused. No web interface, you must use the phone app to access settings. I like the Amcrest cameras, just not these. I have two of the IP3M-941B that work great, if only.they had the auto track feature they would be even better.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

mellowed

n3wb
Reaction score
In case others end up here, I was having similar problems with my Amcrest IP2M-841. I just learned that blue iris send ptz commands to the camera using http requests. I had to add a rule to my firewall to allow blue iris to communicate to the camera through http (one was in the local network and the other in the dmz). After that, ptz started working again.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I had to add a rule to my firewall to allow blue iris to communicate to the camera through http (one was in the local network and the other in the dmz)
Good tip. It might be helpful to others if you could also attach a screenshot of the rules you added.