Prowler thwarted ( this time)

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like the same guy as March28th. We got the 80in full length Latch guards (Astragals) installed now building wide.
It was too foggy misty to get a decent image out back......but he went to at least 3 of the 4 doors and, Surprise Surprise, We got New Hardware.
May12breakin_attempt.jpg

Last edited:

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Reaction score
I would ask for parts that fit over the lock assembly/striker plate that can be easily swapped out due to any future break in. Maybe a 2nd metal cover that is designed to take the brunt of the damage?
And maybe put a oriental floor standing panel or something to hide those yummy delicious amazon packages in full view of the door.
Or a crash test dummy situated in that chair and have it reading a newspaper with a burning cigarette (actually just incense) in ashtray.

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Couple of things I would consider from a security point of view.
Ensure said glass door has impact resistant glass, or better yet a polycarbonate glass.

With packages being in plain view, perhaps window tint, one way tint, something along those lines. If you can't see through the door, burglars might be more hesitant to try something.

Otherwise, those latch guards did its job.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
It was fortunate or lucky that I checked in on my FB messenger ( which i rarely use) until they contacted my via that APP. based on my response to this post. the God mother had responded with " I know who this is, who do I contact?" and the message appeared to be 3 days old! i was like F@$!! I hope she answers. and that started a chain of events talking to investigators, and sending over multiple case#'s related to the breakins.

Last edited: