Prolonging motion detection duration

dcmkii

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all

Been still fine tuning my system and one particular setting still annoys me.
I want to make the duration of motion detection longer but the 2 terms still baffle me.

Anti-dither - my current understanding is that this is the duration of when it triggers a second event
Record Delay - i think this determines how long the motion detection should record for after a movement is triggered.

Currently I want to record something for at least 2 minutes after motion has been detected.
Anti-dither: 0 seconds
Record Delay: 120 seconds.

Is this correct? even though i set it to 120 seconds, my playbacks somewhat only go for 15-30 secs max.

Thanks

MyDaHua

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anti-Dither = motion detection time to record after first event is detected ( any other motion/action detected in this interval will be recorded in the same clip )
If you want to record all movement detected in the same clip as long as possible you should use a longer anti-dither (120sec) ; after no more move it is detected camera will still record a time period defined on Record Delay.
have a look here...

dcmkii

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anti-Dither = motion detection time to record after first event is detected ( any other motion/action detected in this interval will be recorded in the same clip )
If you want to record all movement detected in the same clip as long as possible you should use a longer anti-dither (120sec) ; after no more move it is detected camera will still record a time period defined on Record Delay.
have a look here...
yeh i did come across your post. i'm just not seeing the clip record for a full 2min after motion was detected. probably only 30 secs.
weird

MyDaHua

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Probably because you set Anti-Dither=0s. So this will translate in record 0s after first motion detected but record next motion detection in the same clip for a waiting duration of 120sec.

dcmkii

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Probably because you set Anti-Dither=0s. So this will translate in record 0s after first motion detected but record next motion detection in the same clip for a waiting duration of 120sec.
mmm what's an ideal combination would you recommend

MyDaHua

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Depend of the space you have on storage and how long you want to keep the recording and also the scene you watch/record movement.
You can start with Anti-Dither=60 and Record Delay=120 if you have high sensibility at motion detection and low false alarm detected.