Profile Copy?

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Do I need to spend all night creating more profiles = Day Away , Night Away for both int/ext cams? And when I'm in day and night for the ext cams while the interior ones are off??? Surely must be an easier way.
I can't seem to find another solution to split profiles for ext and int cameras for night and day.

ok this is driving me nuts - I can't see any way of splitting the profiles, can't even open up cam settings at the same time on a clone. So have to open up settings on 1 cam, make a note, close it and then paste it over to the new profile for every field!!! Crazy!

Last edited:

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
At this point, I'm inclined to write BI Support via the global settings window and find out what they suggest. You might consider the same. There's gotta be a way without hours and hours of "guess and check".
Yes I'm inclined to do the same especially in regards to the copy and paste function.
I'm creating 2 new profiles but having to copy everything across field by field. Real pain.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well spent a few hours last night creating 2 new profiles.
Day Away
Night Away

Copied all zones/settings etc from the original ones for both day and night for 4 cams. Time-consuming and tedious - needed a few cold beers for that.

So when Day profile is on all interior cameras are not detecting motion as that profile is inactive on interior cams.
When Day Away is on - all cameras are detecting.

This 'sync with profile 1' is still as clear as mud for me (yes page 88 but maybe I'm a little slow)
Is profile 1 used as a type of clipboard? So I'm on cam 1 with profile Away.
If I choose 'sync with profile 1' does this copy all the settings from cam 1 on Away to Profile 1 so I can later paste/copy it to another camera/profile?

Wen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The most recent Webinar may provide what you're looking for..

Quoted:

A few tidbits if you missed this webinar...

• Version 5.5 (no ETA mentioned) will focus on more customizable "layouts" and new "group functions" (copy/delete).
  • Ken is looking for 5 beta testers for version 5.5... if interested you should email support@blueirissoftware.com with a subject line like "version 5.5 beta

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I think the idea behind “sync with profile 1” is that profile 1 is your default or standard profile… it’s what you “start with” when you diet install and get running. It’s the one set up the way you like everything for the most part. Then every other profile is synced with 1 so they are all the same.

From there you go into another profile and only uncheck the settings you want to behave differently.

I have been operating on profile 1 since the beginning. Occasionally I played around with others but nothing crazy. Recently I decided I wanted some different behaviors based on profile.

I left all the record tab settings synced with 1 since I want to keep continuous recording regardless. My goal was to change when I get notifications by push/sms or audible sounds on the console. Profile 1 has none of those set up. It’s my “no notifications” profile.

I made a second profile, “front alerts” that sends me notifications of the cameras in the front yard are triggered. That way I know of someone is approaching but the dogs out back don’t create false alarms. So I went into this “front alerts” profile and on each front camera I only tweaked the “on alert” settings. Everything else stuck with profile 1.

I did the same for an “all notifications” profile. In that one, all cameras are set to send me notifications.

Now if for some reason you have been using a profile other than 1 as your default. I.e. profile 6 has everything “the way you like it”, things will be more complicated. Before setting up my new profiles I had to go into each camera and ensure they were all syncing to 1 on all the tabs so I had a clean slate so to speak.

What would be nice is the option to copy an entire profile to another profile. Which if I recall correctly is how V4 operated. My guess is the vast majority of users don’t do much with profiles.