Product Advice / Opinion Request

lojix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have noticed a manufacturer called GW Security which I don't really know anything about and can't find much information on. (Please direct me if there are any other threads about GW Security, I was unable to see any after a search).

GW Security seem to have a pretty strong presence, showing up in places like Amazon, Newegg and Shoppingcctv. They have the following to say about themselves...

"GW Security has established itself as a major player in the industry of security surveillance system products. We have the greatest quality and lowest price. We provide high quality VISUAL, SURVEILLANCE and COMMUNICATION services and equipments. We specialize in producing OEM surveillance equipment from our factory overseas. Our R&D department will continue to work hard to develop and bring you the finest and latest surveillance products. We will keep you on the frontier of new cutting edge technology in the industry.

GW Security is dedicated to provide professional high quality equipment and customer satisfaction. We have diligent and knowledgeable in-house engineering staff that can answer your questions, providing excellent pre-sale and post-sale technical support and services."

Company Website: http://www.gw-security-camera-system.com

Now that's a pretty decent write up and setting the bar pretty high for customer expectations. Has anybody had experience with this company or purchased any of their products?

I came across a product, found here on Newegg that sparked my interest to find out more about the company and weather or not the product was good value.

Any input from forum members would be appreciated.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Forget about these clowns and go look at Dahua and Hikvision.. they manufacturer the cameras they sell, unlike these guys who gather up Chinese garbage and put there name on it.

Buy a camera sold under the Manufacturers name, try to avoid resellers whom rebrand products other people make as it can be hard to tell what your actually going to get.

lojix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ah-huh... well that's pretty strong advice. I have had a couple Hikvision options planned as my next choice in a cam replaced at home. I have wanted to product test them after what I have read in reviews and product information.

If GWS don't manufacture their own equipment, that would explain why there is so little information about their own products... also cleaver wording with lines like "[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]We are the factory direct company. We sell our products to end users on wholesale prices" and [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]"With strong RD department, we update our products with new technology in CCTV every month"[/FONT][/FONT]

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator: