Problem controlling Hikvision DS-2CD3332-I IR day/night mode using BI

bls

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just got my first Hikvision camera, a DS-2CD3332-I, and have been unable to find the correct settings to allow control of the day/night mode via BI and wondering if anyone with this camera is using this feature and what settings they used?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
BI cannot control the night day status of the camera. You need to set that in the camera interface.

bls

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I knew there would be a problem with calling it day/night mode and I'd get a response like yours. I'm not saying you're wrong and perhapes Hikvision cams are different than others and can't be controlled, but but all my other cam's can be which may call it IR mode or IR LED Control but is, and does, the same exact thing as the Hikvision day/night mode which is control the IR Cut Filter and LEDs (although only the IR cut filter is controlled on some of the less expensive cameras with control of the IR LEDs simply left up to the photocell at all times).

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am not in front of my system now, however, if it is possible, you would first need to enable the ptz (which also covers brightness and ir) controls in the cameras ptz tab. Make sure you select hikvision and the proper port.

bls

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
very familiar with enabling the ptz controls, etc. and have a number of other cameras being controlled at sunrise and sunset. I suspect the Hikvision isn't working because of one of its the day/night settings, but have tried every combination I can think of with no luck. There's only one Hikvision entry on the list presented on the PTZ/Control camera settings page and wondering if one of the other selections is perhaps needed for this camera or if one needs to enable "Use another ip/port" on the PTZ/Control camera settings page and enter some special port # that isn't obvious? Anyway, if you have it working and can let me know how you have it configured I would really appreciate it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Just curious as to why you want to enable it manually?

bls

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Using photocell control ends up having some cameras change mode way too early or late each morning and evening and I find having BI control when this happens based on the sunrise and sunset time works much better.

Update: I discovered by accident that the BI Toggle IR Lights button now works. Ken obviously discovered how to do this at some point, updated BI and the camera can now be made to switch modes based on the sunrise and sunset time.

Last edited by a moderator: