Prep for new IPC-HDW5231R-Z cameras being delivered today

JoshFink

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'll apologize in advance if this is too basic of a question but I'm hoping to get some consolidated help. :)

I have two IPC-HDW5231R-Z that are finally going to arrive today. Up until now I've been 100% Hikvision but I'm excited to see the low light performance and capabilities and then possibly sell my Hik's in the future and replace with all Dahuas.

I'm currently using BlueIris for an NVR.

With that said I'm fuzzy on some basic things I need to set up (and it might become more clear once I have the cameras but I'd at least like to be prepared). I ordered these from EMPIRETECANDY if that makes any difference.
  • Normally when I get a device I upgrade to the latest firmware. I've seen several threads but I'm not sure where to begin. What's the best procedure for upgrading the firmware on these?
  • Any settings I should pay attention to that I might overlook that are important? Again, the low light settings and performance are what I'm looking for.
  • Is there anything that I will not be able to do, or where performance will be lacking, because I'm using BlueIris vs a Dahua NVR?
Thanks for the help and again I apologize for the basic questions.

Josh

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hit the link in my signature. I think many of your questions will be answered in the post and the attached document.

The most important thing is to not put any firmware on there because you may not be able to come back depending on what you put on the camera. The safest option is to use the one @nayr put in the first post of the camera's specific thread.

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoshFink

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hit the link in my signature. I think many of your questions will be answered in the post and the attached document.

The most important thing is to not put any firmware on there because you may not be able to come back depending on what you put on the camera. The safest option is to use the one @nayr put in the first post of this thread.
Thanks, I'll check it out.

pcdo78

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I got the same camera from Andy and it was already upgraded to the latest firmware so you'll probably be ok regarding that.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I got the same camera from Andy and it was already upgraded to the latest firmware so you'll probably be ok regarding that.
True, I forgot that I got my cameras awhile ago!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk