POE Outdoor 4 Season (very cold winter) camera recommendation

Switchback

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been setting a Hubitat system to introduce some convenient home automation.
One of the pieces I am missing is the ability to view 3 camera angles.

I need both day / night viewing. Thinking of setting up a box with Blue Iris.
24/7 recording with overwriting of files, don't want to rely on camera motion activation
Would like an intranet URL I can browse to see the video.
Don't want to pay for any cloud subscriptions.
As maintenance free as possible.

Budget: ~$300 or less for each camera, is that possible?
Please include model numbers, where I can purchase these in Canada and any other information you find pertinent to my needs.

Would like cameras that are as close to Plug and Play as possible with Blue Iris and that don't receive 3rd party firmware updates automatically to take the whole system offline.

Any suggestions

Whoaru99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
FWIW, all my Dahuas survived several bouts this winter at -25F to -35F ambient and quite a few more bouts well below zero but not that far below, without fail. These cams were roughly 1/2 your per camera budget, or less.

Switchback

n3wb
Reaction score
FWIW, all my Dahuas survived several bouts this winter at -25F to -35F ambient and quite a few more bouts well below zero but not that far below, without fail. These cams were roughly 1/2 your per camera budget, or less.
What model numbers? And would they be easy enough to hook up to Blue Iris software?

Whoaru99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
N44CB33 / IPC-HFW4431E-SE and IPC-HFW4239T-ASE were through it all. IPC-HDW2231R-ZS is a more recent install that has been fine well below zero too, but has not seen the lowest temps mentioned. I expect it would/will do as well. IPC-HDW5231R-ZE is another cam I have and a common model. It's a newer, more "upscale" version of the 2231 so that one too I'd expect good operation from.

All those work fine on BI. The 2231 and 5231 are well-regarded and oft-recommended cams.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have been setting a Hubitat system to introduce some convenient home automation.
One of the pieces I am missing is the ability to view 3 camera angles.

I need both day / night viewing. Thinking of setting up a box with Blue Iris.
24/7 recording with overwriting of files, don't want to rely on camera motion activation
Would like an intranet URL I can browse to see the video.
Don't want to pay for any cloud subscriptions.
As maintenance free as possible.

Budget: ~$300 or less for each camera, is that possible?
Please include model numbers, where I can purchase these in Canada and any other information you find pertinent to my needs.

Would like cameras that are as close to Plug and Play as possible with Blue Iris and that don't receive 3rd party firmware updates automatically to take the whole system offline.

Any suggestions
From a real computer, study this: Cliff Notes

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What model numbers? And would they be easy enough to hook up to Blue Iris software?
Welcome @Switchback

Remember a big part of success is a good quality installation and keeping the connection and camera protected against water intrusion.

So do check the various notes and threads on DIY install.