Please Recommend A Dash Camera

jd415

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My kids broke my wife's dash camera, its about 4 years old and its time to replace it with something new. Can anyone recommend a good rearview mirror dash camera, the ones that strap onto it. See below as an example. I like this type so it's somewhat hidden and I don't have to take it down and put it back up every time I park somewhere. Thanks!

Attachments

jd415

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No response from anyone, I did some research and I ended up getting this one. It has a Sony IMX415 sensor and the resolution for the front camera is 2560 x 1440P

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Not sure you need to remove it. Suprisingly, never heard of dashcam theft. You'd think they would steal and resell them but I guess many are afraid of the GPS give the way phones and other devices can be traced via gps if removed these days.

Most leave dashcams in their cars attached to a battery pack in parking mode to record incidents whilst they're away.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I am aware of high crime areas in many cities. However, I've never heard of a dashcam being stolen. There is a dashcam forum that's been mentioned on here before, and you could google it and ask on there. However, dashcam theft is unheard of. Why I don't know. You'd think they be like sat navs but no one seems to steal them. I used to remove mine but never bother now instead favouring parking capture using a lion battery pack.

Reaction score
toss up some video of day/night driving....front & rear, if you could.
I gots a forward only Scorche Nexar that is super awesome day/night.

Also, if you use a sun shield at night, that will hide the interior of your car.