Play audio via substream with Dahua NVR5208 and IPC-T5442 & channel name bug

ubntu

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello

I have a few IPC-T5442 IP cams setup with a Dahua NVR5208. Do these cameras record sound? If so, is it possible to play this sound via the substream? Or even via the NVR web interface? I've tried to enable audio but I cannot hear anything via the web interface or substream.

1634211526701.png

Also - everytime I reboot the NVR it forgets some of the camera channel names and reverts them back to Channel X, is this a known bug with the DVR?

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
everytime I reboot the NVR it forgets some of the camera channel names and reverts them back to Channel X, is this a known bug with the DVR?
if you use another browser than internet explorer or update firmware of the device, some config files can get corrupted and this is the result. but it can also be a bug, depends on what you did earlier.

ubntu

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply - I tried to update the firmware by downloading the latest version from NVR5208/5216/5232-4KS2 then browsing for the .BIN file from the web interface, but I got update failed then the NVR just reboot itself.

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
if you updated it and this bug occurs, its better to factory default it and THEN configure it either with mouse in nvr menu OR with internet explorer

ubntu

n3wb
Reaction score
Never mind - got the sound working through the app. Has anyone managed to get sound from the DVR via HTTP API and substream? For example:

Accessing the camera via http://ip_address/cgi-bin/mjpg/video.cgi?channel=1&subtype=1