Passive PoE options for SD49225T-HNI and other similar OEM models

briand123

n3wb
Reaction score
These SD49225T-HNI OEM models spec 802.1at/af active PoE. Can one use a passive PoE injector or passive PoE switch with these cameras safely?

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
For the benefit of others who may stumble upon this question. So called active POE follows industry standards where both devices communicate and send out a confirmation handshake.

Upon receiving that handshake the PSE (Power Source Equipment) will turn on and provide the required voltage. If the same edge device is unplugged the PSE will immediately remove DC voltage from the line.

An active POE device that follows the industry standard will also not power up until it receives the handshake. Note, the vast majority of hardware vendors follow the POE standard but many more do not!

A passive POE injector / other does not communicate with the edge device nor does it care if something is plugged in. DC power is present at all times and if someone doesn’t know a Jack is powered this way there’s a high probability of something going up in smoke!

Like active POE, passive POE, can span any voltage from 5~56 VDC.

As it relates to passive POE many people use POE splitters to provide data & 12 VDC power to their camera because they believe it offers more protection - it doesn’t as power is still on the line being injected from upstream!

On a side note Ubiquiti continues to use 24 VDC POE to power many of their devices?!? Which is NOT the industry standard at all and results in endless headaches for everyone not paying attention.

Lastly, don’t fall prey to ePOE as offered by Dahua and others! This make belief offering touts a person can exceed 100 meters / 320 feet using Ethernet?!? Their claim is 400 feet and beyond?!?

Midspans and active injectors were created by every major (1st tier) vendor because that’s what it takes to achieve and sustain reliable 1GB and above bandwidth and throughput never mind data packet integrity.

Dahua and others believe pushing voltage higher while dropping network speeds to 10/100 for a security camera is a solution??? This is marketed to the stupid, lazy, and inept.

This is why standards were created in the first place to literally protect the stupid!

cctv-dave

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Lastly, don’t fall prey to ePOE as offered by Dahua and others! This make belief offering touts a person can exceed 100 meters / 320 feet using Ethernet?!? Their claim is 400 feet and beyond?!?
Midspans and active injectors were created by every major (1st tier) vendor because that’s what it takes to achieve and sustain reliable 1GB and above bandwidth and throughput never mind data packet integrity.
Dahua and others believe pushing voltage higher while dropping network speeds to 10/100 for a security camera is a solution??? This is marketed to the stupid, lazy, and inept.
This is why standards were created in the first place to literally protect the stupid!
A security camera doesn't need a gigabit link back to the NVR. that's why Dahua and others before them have pushed ethernet past the 100M spec.
And remember that the 100M spec is the minimum requirement for a 10/100/1000 speed data link for certifying your infrastructure. If you choose to push it beyond that and find it works great.
Dahua and others have tweaked hardware and software drivers to push ethernet beyond the 100M range and sacrifice speed to do it ie SNR
They do the same with power but dont claim to push 25W at 300M, they accept physics and ohms law, just like others such as Veractiy.

This isn't marketed to the stupid lazy and inept, its' marketed to the people that want to run a cat5 cable at 200M and dont want to have to worry about putting in a repeater switch or fibre and figuring out how to power that remotely.
It's like the twisted pair and baluns analogue solution for ethernet

Ubiquiti operates on 24Vdc for their own reasons, but they also sell PoE to 24Vdc inline convertors to solve that "problem".

Like active POE, passive POE, can span any voltage from 5~56 VDC.
Passive PoE can span any voltage it wants at all. It could be 100V for all it matters, there is no standard as you said yourself.
But Active PoE or that governed by the 802.3xx rules is 42V-57V, so generally a passive PoE solution goes for the middle of this range 48V.
You wont see active PoE supply voltages lower than this, only the voltages used during handshaking.

An active POE device that follows the industry standard will also not power up until it receives the handshake
Ah, PoE standards are very loosely followed by most vendors, whomever they are, and not just CCTV.
But as it happens your quote is not quite correct, or passive POE injectors would never work !

I dont have the 802.3af standard to hand but essentially: At a port voltage between 30 V and 42 V, the PD must turn on
Thats' why a passive injector will work with most PoE kit under AF power levels, you might get luck with AT too, see below...

Note, the vast majority of hardware vendors follow the POE standard but many more do not!
Here is an example of the PoE rules which most vendors break - not just CCTV but anything which is supposed to be a class 4 802.3at device probably breaks this rule.
Emphasis mine:

A Type 2, Type 3 or Type 4 PD that does not successfully observe a Multiple-Event Physical Layer
classification or Data Link Layer classification shall conform to Type 1 PD power restrictions and shall
provide the user with an active indication if underpowered. The method of active indication is left to the

implementer.

I've come across many class 4 devices which work fine on a proper PSE operating at AF power levels and dont tell you they are under powered, they just react to that lack of power in odd ways.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
A security camera doesn't need a gigabit link back to the NVR. that's why Dahua and others before them have pushed ethernet past the 100M spec.
And remember that the 100M spec is the minimum requirement for a 10/100/1000 speed data link for certifying your infrastructure. If you choose to push it beyond that and find it works great.
Dahua and others have tweaked hardware and software drivers to push ethernet beyond the 100M range and sacrifice speed to do it ie SNR
They do the same with power but dont claim to push 25W at 300M, they accept physics and ohms law, just like others such as Veractiy.

This isn't marketed to the stupid lazy and inept, its' marketed to the people that want to run a cat5 cable at 200M and dont want to have to worry about putting in a repeater switch or fibre and figuring out how to power that remotely.
It's like the twisted pair and baluns analogue solution for ethernet

Ubiquiti operates on 24Vdc for their own reasons, but they also sell PoE to 24Vdc inline convertors to solve that "problem".

Passive PoE can span any voltage it wants at all. It could be 100V for all it matters, there is no standard as you said yourself.
But Active PoE or that governed by the 802.3xx rules is 42V-57V, so generally a passive PoE solution goes for the middle of this range 48V.
You wont see active PoE supply voltages lower than this, only the voltages used during handshaking.

Ah, PoE standards are very loosely followed by most vendors, whomever they are, and not just CCTV.
But as it happens your quote is not quite correct, or passive POE injectors would never work !

I dont have the 802.3af standard to hand but essentially: At a port voltage between 30 V and 42 V, the PD must turn on
Thats' why a passive injector will work with most PoE kit under AF power levels, you might get luck with AT too, see below...

Here is an example of the PoE rules which most vendors break - not just CCTV but anything which is supposed to be a class 4 802.3at device probably breaks this rule.
Emphasis mine:

A Type 2, Type 3 or Type 4 PD that does not successfully observe a Multiple-Event Physical Layer
classification or Data Link Layer classification shall conform to Type 1 PD power restrictions and shall
provide the user with an active indication if underpowered. The method of active indication is left to the

implementer.

I've come across many class 4 devices which work fine on a proper PSE operating at AF power levels and dont tell you they are under powered, they just react to that lack of power in odd ways.
I stand by my comments and statement as it relates to ePOE. It’s not a standard and nobody serious uses it. Name any 1st tier hardware maker that uses this method?!?

How about a 2nd tier maker - anyone??

Show me any serious installation from fortune 5000 to any institution that cover hospitals, police, fire, EMS, military, banking - any???

It was created and marketed to the stupid, lazy, and inept!

That thing that every serious network company built called a active repeater did all of them take the time to design, build, and sell the same to fleece the wallets of the consumer?!?

I guess millions of these things flying off the shelf from who ever makes them is the wrong solution vs using ePOE?? When people reply back and say a camera doesn’t need 1GB vs 10/100 is this statement all encompassing vs it will pass on a very limited scale and assumes everything is perfect in that environment and the data flowing out is low??

Why don’t we just hook up ten cameras to that same network using ePOE at H.264 4K?!?

I bet that audio / video will be so awesome and smooth! No serious network installer designs based on the lowest denominator. It’s called headroom, margin, load, expandability, future proofing!

You don’t see ePOE uses anywhere in business. You see this used by the dumb consumer who is too cheap and lazy to do the job right the first time.

As it relates to POE Splitters again no one serious uses these devices in a certified commercial / business environment anywhere that has to do with video security.

Reference what I just called out up above as serious ^

cctv-dave

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I appreciate that you have an emotive writing style but your rhetoric and your post count do not get in the way of the facts.
That you've not presented any at all in your post but merely made negative uninformed statements, well I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.
Plus you're just damn confusing and contradicting to read !!

I stand by my comments and statement as it relates to ePOE
But I hate to point out that until I mentioned ePoE, you didn't, so how your post relates to something you didn't even mention, nor the two posts before that I'm not sure.
You spoke about PoE, not ePoE. Read your post.

Name any 1st tier hardware maker that uses this method?!?
How about a 2nd tier maker - anyone??
Show me any serious installation from fortune 5000 to any institution that cover hospitals, police, fire, EMS, military, banking - any???
From whom do you suggest we purchase networking equipment ?
Axis? And their range of ethernet extenders ?

Of course I wouldn't suggest Cisco, because after all they are well known for operating with non-standard PoE which doesn't meet the IEEE standards and it's not like they ever dabbled with Ethernet extending either:

Which vendors exactly meet your criteria for being a "serious installation" ?

Why don’t we just hook up ten cameras to that same network using ePOE at H.264 4K?!?
Because that would be doing something against the way it's supposed to be deployed?

I suggest you read up about it before you claim it doesn't work properly, when you clearly dont understand how one goes about configuring and deploying it.
It's not designed for the backhaul as you appear to be suggesting.

When people reply back and say a camera doesn’t need 1GB vs 10/100 is this statement all encompassing vs it will pass on a very limited scale and assumes everything is perfect in that environment and the data flowing out is low??
Do you understand the difference between bandwidth and throughput and understand buffering ?
I'm curious what application you are using so frequently which requires more than 80Mbits/sec sustained for the IPC to backend ?

I'm mindful that I said a security cameras doesn't need a faster speed than 100Mbits back the NVR, well I will concede that depends what you call a "security camera".
If we are looking at a 10K Avigilon cam then sure it'll need more than 100Mbits, and that would perhaps also explain your aggressive writing style if you are an Avigilon shill.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
I appreciate that you have an emotive writing style but your rhetoric and your post count do not get in the way of the facts.
That you've not presented any at all in your post but merely made negative uninformed statements, well I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.
Plus you're just damn confusing and contradicting to read !!

But I hate to point out that until I mentioned ePoE, you didn't, so how your post relates to something you didn't even mention, nor the two posts before that I'm not sure.
You spoke about PoE, not ePoE. Read your post.

From whom do you suggest we purchase networking equipment ?
Axis? And their range of ethernet extenders ?

Of course I wouldn't suggest Cisco, because after all they are well known for operating with non-standard PoE which doesn't meet the IEEE standards and it's not like they ever dabbled with Ethernet extending either:

Which vendors exactly meet your criteria for being a "serious installation" ?

Because that would be doing something against the way it's supposed to be deployed?

I suggest you read up about it before you claim it doesn't work properly, when you clearly dont understand how one goes about configuring and deploying it.
It's not designed for the backhaul as you appear to be suggesting.

Do you understand the difference between bandwidth and throughput and understand buffering ?
I'm curious what application you are using so frequently which requires more than 80Mbits/sec sustained for the IPC to backend ?

I'm mindful that I said a security cameras doesn't need a faster speed than 100Mbits back the NVR, well I will concede that depends what you call a "security camera".
If we are looking at a 10K Avigilon cam then sure it'll need more than 100Mbits, and that would perhaps also explain your aggressive writing style if you are an Avigilon shill.
I’m pretty sure anyone reading my statements fully understands what I mean. If you can’t grasp that but everyone else can that’s lack of comprehension on your part!

My very first reply called out ePOE you quoted me so I replied in kind. So I’m not sure what kind of circle talk you’re trying to spew?!?

In your very own reply you disagree about the use and implementation of 1G and how could it ever be a factor. In the same breath you concede it’s required and can be a factor simply by using Avigilon hardware?!?

How you believe I’m a shill for that company is beyond me given I’ve never mentioned them - you did!

If you’re so easily confused by facts God help anyone if you’re in the security field!!

Are you that guy using ePOE - got it!

cctv-dave

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry you are correct you did quote ePoE and I missed it the second time around,
As I said you've got a very confusing posting style and it's the end of a long day.
You[re certainly not letting up as you leap on the crumbs to attack but just miss the majority of what is being said.

I pointed out how you were wrong on PoE vendors but you've ignored it.
PoE implementation of standards - no reply.
ePoE deployment - waiting to hear from you
What you use 1gbit so frequently for with connection to 1 IPC - still not sure
Love to know which vendors you do use if not Axis, Cisco and clearly not Aviligon either.

I didn't say 1Gbit is required at all, I pointed out one very rare scenario where it would be useful.
Required ? nope, that is you thinking it for a reason you refuse to explain.... ?

But you're not answering my questions, just attacking my mistakes we aint going to get anywhere.
I didn't mean to step on your soapbox.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Sorry you are correct you did quote ePoE and I missed it the second time around,
As I said you've got a very confusing posting style and it's the end of a long day.
You[re certainly not letting up as you leap on the crumbs to attack but just miss the majority of what is being said.

I pointed out how you were wrong on PoE vendors but you've ignored it.
PoE implementation of standards - no reply.
ePoE deployment - waiting to hear from you
What you use 1gbit so frequently for with connection to 1 IPC - still not sure
Love to know which vendors you do use if not Axis, Cisco and clearly not Aviligon either.

I didn't say 1Gbit is required at all, I pointed out one very rare scenario where it would be useful.
Required ? nope, that is you thinking it for a reason you refuse to explain.... ?

But you're not answering my questions, just attacking my mistakes we aint going to get anywhere.
I didn't mean to step on your soapbox.
I’m here to share information with the forum members which you call standing on a Soapbox I didn’t reply to anything you stated because by your very own admission failed to READ, UNDERSTAND, and COMPREHEND what was being stated by me!

Once again I’ll call out your circle talk. Anyone who has spent anytime in the military or police knows this phrase.

You haven’t provided me or anyone else an example of a 1st / 2nd tier network maker that uses ePOE?!?

Name one serious installation deployment which I cited as a serious environment that also uses this bull shit ePOE ^

You know that thing called standards which lots of people took the time to craft, ratify, and have others adopt?!? Is ePOE a standard recognized by anyone of note??

My initial reply was to provide a general context as to POE, splitters, and ePOE. So others who may stumble upon the same question or topic would fully understand the pros & cons of each. Any reasonable person would follow up by doing more research and asking anyone in the security field to affirm the same!

Yet the first thing you did was call out things which have no relevance to the topic at hand?!? My post count?? My writing style?? Does my hair offend you too??

It’s obvious to a blind person my statement about stupid, lazy, inept as it relates to ePOE struck a cord - why?!?

Possible you’re using this half ass solution for your paying clients??? If so, shame on you as that isn’t a long term solution!

cctv-dave

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’m here to share information with the forum members which you call standing on a Soapbox
You are sharing your opinion without facts to back it up. Then accusing me of circle talk when you're being a REMF.

I didn’t reply to anything you stated because by your very own admission failed to READ, UNDERSTAND, and COMPREHEND what was being stated by me!
So you didn't answer my questions because I misquoted you once?
And I took issue with several others things you said and questions for which you still have not replied to but instead just say I didn't understand you?
erm ok...

You haven’t provided me or anyone else an example of a 1st / 2nd tier network maker that uses ePOE?!?
ePoE is dahua's name for long range ethernet.

Like the example I posted of Cisco doing the same - You asked for examples I gave you a 1st teir as you call it.
Then I gave you an example of a 1st teir CCTV company. Axis. Did you miss that too ?
But please ignore it once again...

You know that thing called standards which lots of people took the time to craft, ratify, and have others adopt?!? Is ePOE a standard recognized by anyone of note??
You made a statement on how a poE PD works and why they should not work with passive PoE. I pointed out from the IEEE standard that you are wrong.
You made a statement on the range of PoE voltage. Again you were wrong.
What do you care about standards if you dont even know them ?

You do realize that AT and BT came waaay after the market had already pretty much figured out and created competing standards ? Then ratification of those by the IEEE created the winning standard.
But again "1st teir" companies like Cisco remember had their own incompatible version of PoE - ie; not to IEEE standards.

So whats' your point? No one else has adopted ePoE yet as a standard ? Just like it's back in 2017, you can get 50W over PoE but 802.3bt isn't a standard yet ?
um like Axis was doing ? Which didn't work with Hik or Dahua so called PoE++ midspans ?

I'll give you a hint because you seem to be confused about it. ePoE is a marketing term. Dahua like everyone else use plenty of off the shelf silicon.
So take a guess at whom might be selling Ethernet PHY's which go further than 100M ? 1st teir suppliers maybe ?
And since you wont bother to look I'll give you an example of one. Marvell silicon.
Yep, who are they?! lol

Possible you’re using this half ass solution for your paying clients??? If so, shame on you as that isn’t a long term solution!
Which is why Dahua are on version 2 of it and haven't abandoned it as a bad idea?
Or perhaps it being in demand they've been making it better to meet that demand.
Why do you think it is not a long term solution - you made the statement, whats your reason ? back up your claims for once.

It’s obvious to a blind person my statement about stupid, lazy, inept as it relates to ePOE struck a cord - why?!?
Because I hate stupid lazy inpet bigots like you, who cannot string an argument together with facts to back it up, but rely on hyperbole to try and make a point, then rail after people without making any valid points, just repeating the same BS over and over, ignoring the facts and running away from the argument... just as you're doing.

Name one serious installation deployment which I cited as a serious environment that also uses this bull shit ePOE
Professionals dont discuss their customers in public.
When your competitors are winning that business from you because you will only run 90M of ethernet cable, you can sit back smugly and say "at least I'm not installing that bullshit"

Possible you’re using this half ass solution for your paying clients???
You're ripping your customers off with your invented FUD ? Shame on you for pandering mistruth.[/quote]

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
You are sharing your opinion without facts to back it up. Then accusing me of circle talk when you're being a REMF.

So you didn't answer my questions because I misquoted you once?
And I took issue with several others things you said and questions for which you still have not replied to but instead just say I didn't understand you?
erm ok...

ePoE is dahua's name for long range ethernet.

Like the example I posted of Cisco doing the same - You asked for examples I gave you a 1st teir as you call it.
Then I gave you an example of a 1st teir CCTV company. Axis. Did you miss that too ?
But please ignore it once again...

You made a statement on how a poE PD works and why they should not work with passive PoE. I pointed out from the IEEE standard that you are wrong.
You made a statement on the range of PoE voltage. Again you were wrong.
What do you care about standards if you dont even know them ?

You do realize that AT and BT came waaay after the market had already pretty much figured out and created competing standards ? Then ratification of those by the IEEE created the winning standard.
But again "1st teir" companies like Cisco remember had their own incompatible version of PoE - ie; not to IEEE standards.

So whats' your point? No one else has adopted ePoE yet as a standard ? Just like it's back in 2017, you can get 50W over PoE but 802.3bt isn't a standard yet ?
um like Axis was doing ? Which didn't work with Hik or Dahua so called PoE++ midspans ?

I'll give you a hint because you seem to be confused about it. ePoE is a marketing term. Dahua like everyone else use plenty of off the shelf silicon.
So take a guess at whom might be selling Ethernet PHY's which go further than 100M ? 1st teir suppliers maybe ?
And since you wont bother to look I'll give you an example of one. Marvell silicon.
Yep, who are they?! lol

Which is why Dahua are on version 2 of it and haven't abandoned it as a bad idea?
Or perhaps it being in demand they've been making it better to meet that demand.
Why do you think it is not a long term solution - you made the statement, whats your reason ? back up your claims for once.

Because I hate stupid lazy inpet bigots like you, who cannot string an argument together with facts to back it up, but rely on hyperbole to try and make a point, then rail after people without making any valid points, just repeating the same BS over and over, ignoring the facts and running away from the argument... just as you're doing.

Professionals dont discuss their customers in public.
When your competitors are winning that business from you because you will only run 90M of ethernet cable, you can sit back smugly and say "at least I'm not installing that bullshit"

You're ripping your customers off with your invented FUD ? Shame on you for pandering mistruth.
[/QUOTE]

It’s clear reading comprehension is lacking so take as long as you like to read my first reply as it relates to active POE. What is the first thing I stated about it?!?

That it initiates a handshake whereupon if the proper information is received it will energize the line.

So is this FUD?!? Half truths?!? Later I called out in the most basic way the difference between a passive system whereby it doesn’t offer ANY handshake but simply energizes the line!

Is that you’re so called FUD?!? Half truth?!?

Focus on these two statements I’ve made and tell me do you truly believe that high level information isn’t easily understood by the common man??

I know you probably ran Google for the last 42 minutes to try to shore up your position because it’s not like you answered any of the questions with facts!

If you need to take a nap before you reply by all means.

cctv-dave

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It’s clear reading comprehension is lacking so take as long as you like to read my first reply as it relates to active POE. What is the first thing I stated about it?!?

That it initiates a handshake whereupon if the proper information is received it will energize the line.
Yes and hat bit was correct.

Unfortunately followed by::

An active POE device that follows the industry standard will also not power up until it receives the handshake.

Later I called out in the most basic way the difference between a passive system whereby it doesn’t offer ANY handshake but simply energizes the line!
What you wrote in italics and what you claim in quote to have said is not the same thing.
That's what I pointed out to you, the first statement in italics is not correct. it's not what an "active poe device" will do according to the standards.
Not your new revision of it in the quote.

I know you probably ran Google for the last 42 minutes to try to shore up your position because it’s not like you answered any of the questions with facts!
You asked for a 1st teir company using ePoE , I gave you Cisco, Axis, now Marvell and keep reading further for more...
So you asked for facts and examples, I gave you them, you are still disputing this ? really ?
I explained to you what ePoE means, but you obviously dont understand what marketing is.

Not a single question of mine answered and only you know why you're unwilling/unable to do so.

Since you dont think marvell are first teir and this "ePoE" technology clearly has no future, I guess Realtek should stop making it too.

Diagrams look mighty familiar huh ?

Think Dahua use Realtek chipsets in their products ?

Hmm, if Realtek and Marvell's technology are compatible, maybe we have the start of some sort of standard going on here... ?

No ?

maybe Broadcom should get in on it too then:

:idk:

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
So let me understand when asked to call out any serious installation that uses ePOE your reply is a professional doesn’t share that customer information?!?

Got it . . .

Your next problem is the fact I affirmed the active POE standard will not energize a line if the proper handshake is not seen?!? Keeping in mind I stated MANY companies do not comply with the standards!

Got it . . .

You later believe citing Axis (POE injectors) which don’t support 1GB connection helps your position?!? When my statement was about 1GB and why that’s important?!?

Got it . . .

Reading comprehension is imperative if one is to communicate with one another. Don’t read what I stated - understand and comprehend the information that’s being presented!

cctv-dave

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So let me understand when asked to call out any serious installation that uses ePOE your reply is a professional doesn’t share that customer information?!?

Got it . . .
Oh you think it ok to share details of a customer's security installation without their permission? let me make a note of your company... :screwy:

Your next problem is the fact I affirmed the active POE standard will not energize a line if the proper handshake is not seen?!? Keeping in mind I stated MANY companies do not comply with the standards!

Got it . . .
Yes because you didn't say what you claim to have said once again:

An active POE device that follows the industry standard will also not power up until it receives the handshake. Note, the vast majority of hardware vendors follow the POE standard but many more do not!

once again you've said that an active poE device which does follows industry standards will not power up without a handshake
That's the bit which is wrong.
You can back track all you want, you stated the above, you were wrong.

You later believe citing Axis (POE injectors) which don’t support 1GB connection helps your position?!? When my statement was about 1GB and why that’s important?!?

Got it . . .
No you are intentionally misquoting for effect.
You asked me to name 1st tier or 2nd tier vendors who made products to extend Ethernet I gave you Cisco and Axis. pretty much recognized (rightly or wrongly) as the top name in networking and the top naming in cctv, respectively.

At this point speed was not part of the argument, only the lack of ePoE vendors.
But then again you said also::

don’t fall prey to ePOE as offered by Dahua and others! This make belief offering touts a person can exceed 100 meters / 320 feet using Ethernet?!? Their claim is 400 feet and beyond?!?

So lets compile that list of people who ayou believe are wrong about going longer than 100metres with Ethernet:

Cisco,
Axis,
Dahua,
Hikvision,
Marvell,
Realtek,
Broadcom.

And before you say" my statement was about 1GB and why that’s important" you didn't state that in your first post, You said Ethernet and you claim to know what that means.
1gb came later, but you've yet to explain why you think that is important ?
Something to do about "bandwidth and throughput never mind data packet integrity" which isn't relevant to the vast majority of single IPC to switch connections - which was pointed out with the Avigilon example as a rare case, the 1% or probably less of global IPC sales.
But you jumped on it like the glove didn't fit.

Don’t read what I stated - understand and comprehend the information that’s being presented!
HAHHAH
"Dont read what I said, read what I think I said and then you'll know I was right"
So you're a revisionist ?

Anyway, are you going to backtrack about your statements without any supporting facts what so ever about ePoE technologies or do you still really think with all the people that have sold it, the several billion dollar value manufacturers and suppliers developing new products for it and the clearly millions of global customers asking for it are all wrong ??

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Oh you think it ok to share details of a customer's security installation without their permission? let me make a note of your company... :screwy:

Yes because you didn't say what you claim to have said once again:

once again you've said that an active poE device which does follows industry standards will not power up without a handshake
That's the bit which is wrong.
You can back track all you want, you stated the above, you were wrong.

No you are intentionally misquoting for effect.
You asked me to name 1st tier or 2nd tier vendors who made products to extend Ethernet I gave you Cisco and Axis. pretty much recognized (rightly or wrongly) as the top name in networking and the top naming in cctv, respectively.

At this point speed was not part of the argument, only the lack of ePoE vendors.
But then again you said also::

don’t fall prey to ePOE as offered by Dahua and others! This make belief offering touts a person can exceed 100 meters / 320 feet using Ethernet?!? Their claim is 400 feet and beyond?!?

So lets compile that list of people who ayou believe are wrong about going longer than 100metres with Ethernet:

Cisco,
Axis,
Dahua,
Hikvision,
Marvell,
Realtek,
Broadcom.

And before you say" my statement was about 1GB and why that’s important" you didn't state that in your first post, You said Ethernet and you claim to know what that means.
1gb came later, but you've yet to explain why you think that is important ?
Something to do about "bandwidth and throughput never mind data packet integrity" which isn't relevant to the vast majority of single IPC to switch connections - which was pointed out with the Avigilon example as a rare case, the 1% or probably less of global IPC sales.
But you jumped on it like the glove didn't fit.

HAHHAH
"Dont read what I said, read what I think I said and then you'll know I was right"
So you're a revisionist ?

Anyway, are you going to backtrack about your statements without any supporting facts what so ever about ePoE technologies or do you still really think with all the people that have sold it, the several billion dollar value manufacturers and suppliers developing new products for it and the clearly millions of global customers asking for it are all wrong ??
You know any reasonable person would understand when asked to name a serious installation. The reply could be X without offering the clients name right??

When I state the same our installation encompasses every one of the institutions and government agencies I just called out! So I know you’re a little slow and perhaps should take my suggestion about taking that nap.

You’re saying today you have installed Dahua ePOE in the above??

Your other weak reply to my question about installing the same (ePOE) was I should be ashamed for following standards?!?

Jesus, I almost spit out my coffee when I read that! Dollars to donuts you are that guy who installs standard CAT5 400-1000 feet in the ground! Because your only goal is to save the customer money instead of installing the correct outdoor rated direct burial cable or within a conduit!

Got it . . .

Your that guy who thinks he’s offering incredible value and service to the client by not using shielded cable. But instead provide a lesser quality cable that doesn’t meet any safety or standards and pockets the rest?!?

Got it . . .

I believe we now have consensus that half assing pays bills - well!

Got it . . .

cctv-dave

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You know any reasonable person would understand when asked to name a serious installation. The reply could be X without offering the clients name right??
What on earth are you talking about ?!
Name a serious installation but dont name the client - erm.... WTF ? ok, I installed CCTV using ePoE at a classified location I cannot name for obvious reasons. Happy?
or give me an example.

When I state the same our installation encompasses every one of the institutions and government agencies I just called out!
You've called out precisely no one that you've worked with. You claim a lot to work govt jobs in the same way that everyone has an ancestor on the Mayflower.

You’re saying today you have installed Dahua ePOE in the above??
No, you're saying it :screwy: :idk:

But so what if I had?
Are the list of billion dollar vendors that make over 50% of networking chipsets somehow wrong about ePoE and you're still claiming to be right ?

As it happens I've never personally installed ePoE. I've tested it and I've supported it. but I tend to do jobs that require fibre for the distances and qty of cams involved.
Doesn't mean I wouldn't' use it, because it's quite sound technology and well proven by the millions of happy users.

Your other weak reply to my question about installing the same (ePOE) was I should be ashamed for following standards?!?
No... you've just said that.
I quite clearly explained how you were mistaken with the standards relating to PoE but you're trying to avoid admitting that and instead are trying to move the conversation from PoE handshaking on to "something" to do with ePoE instead.

Jesus, I almost spit out my coffee when I read that! Dollars to donuts you are that guy who installs standard CAT5 400-1000 feet in the ground! Because your only goal is to save the customer money instead of installing the correct outdoor rated direct burial cable or within a conduit!
No, you've just suggested something fictitious yet again.
I find myself working to somewhat tighter regulations at times, where the cabling, routing and mounts are mandated to me, not the other way round.

Your that guy who thinks he’s offering incredible value and service to the client by not using shielded cable. But instead provide a lesser quality cable that doesn’t meet any safety or standards and pockets the rest?!?
No, you're resorting to slander once more in an attempt to attack my character since you've failed to refute my arguments or answer my questions.

I believe we now have consensus that half assing pays bills - well!
No, but we have several clear examples of you attempting to slander me, attributing false quotes to me and generally trying to bully me.

When all else fails I guess you resort to playground tactics.

Congratulations. You scored:

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
What on earth are you talking about ?!
Name a serious installation but dont name the client - erm.... WTF ? ok, I installed CCTV using ePoE at a classified location I cannot name for obvious reasons. Happy?
or give me an example.

You've called out precisely no one that ou've worked with. You claim a lot to work govt jobs in the same way that everyone has an ancestor on the Mayflower.

No, you're saying it :screwy: :idk:

But so what if I had?
Are the list of billion dollar vendors that make over 50% of networking chipsets somehow wrong about ePoE and you're still claiming to be right ?

No... you've just said that. I quite clearly explained how you were mistaken with the standards relating to PoE but you're trying to avoid admitting that and instead are trying to move the conversation on to something else instead.

No, you've just suggested something fictitious yet again.
I find myself working to somewhat tighter regulations at times, where the cabling, routing and mounts are mandated to me, not the other way round.

No, you're resorting to slander once more in an attempt to attack my character since you've failed to refute my arguments or answer my questions.

No, but we have several clear examples of you attempting to slander me, attributing false quotes to me and generally trying to bully me.

When all else fails I guess you resort to playground tactics.

Congratulations. You scored:

So it worked?!?

Got it . . .