Owl taking flight - how to trigger motion?

iseeker

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I know it’s basic. But maybe easy answer for someone

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Need more specifics - is this just a camera or are you using a VMS? Which camera model?

Looking at it and seeing your signature, it appears to be a Dahua with BI.

So you need to make the make time a lot shorter. Default is 1.0 and that owl is gone before then. Then need to make the size smaller.

iseeker

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Need more specifics - is this just a camera or are you using a VMS? Which camera model?

Looking at it and seeing your signature, it appears to be a Dahua with BI.

So you need to make the make time a lot shorter. Default is 1.0 and that owl is gone before then. Then need to make the size smaller.
Correct. Dahua and BI. Make time is set at 0.1 seconds. I made zone A just the box with no other zones but wasn’t sure if i just put “A” in the area meant for crossing zones. Basically trying to capture owl coming and leaving the box. Think i need to play with sensitivity and contrast more.

When i get home from biz trip, I’ll post again with better info and current BI settings.

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
We’ve got eastern screech owls in our backyard. Babies coming soon.
How do i do a simple motion trigger for motion in and out of the owl box? I made zone A just the box. It’s been a while since i played around with settings.
View attachment 125004
It is a bit early for the screech owls babies to fledge. It should be closer to the middle of May. I have cams on my great horned owls if you want to take a look. The owlets will be fledging any day now. This is my 7th year to have my resident owls use a barrel I put in a tree. Here's the live cams www.okiebirdcam.com and here's my youtube page I have my cam and barrel info under the "About" tab Good luck with your screech owls. I have had great crested flycatchers using my screech owl box for over 15 years. PS I record 24/7 because I can't rely on motion detection because of leaves and branch's moving..