Outside light question

Dazcomputers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just got the SD49225T-HN 25x zoom Dahua cam and I love it. My question is about where I want to install it. It will be just under this light up about 20 feet. Do any of you think this will mess with the video at night or help it to look amazing?20190801_170311.jpg

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As long as the new camera is under that light toward the building I think it'll be OK.
But that lighting fixture may be of some concern. It looks like it's metal halide or mercury vapor, maybe between 100 and 175 watts. The MH may be a little blue and the MV even more blue. If you replace with an LED fixture of equivalent lumen output and close to 5000k color temp, your night color might improve. Also make sure the fixture's refractor/lens does NOT cast light up...you may have to fashion a shroud to prevent it.

You may also save 30-50% on energy with the LED, instant "on" and no ballast hum.

Last edited:

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
It won't mess up the video. Light is always a good thing too. But that wooden beam looks like it's in bad shape. I'd be more concerned about mounting to that.