OpenALPR Missing Plate

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Three times now I have noticed that OpenALPR is missing the same plate. Attached is a capture of it, and it looks pretty clear to me! It appears to be catching others, most not nearly this clear. BI and RekorScout are running on a Windows 10 Pro machine. The ONLY thing I can come up with is that the car is turning left from a stop sign, and its headlights are causing motion detection, and DeepStack activation on another camera 130 feet from this intersection. The headlights playing across the area cause the motion, which likely spikes the CPU. When using the machine and BI, I don't notice any slowdowns or freezing from this type of activity. I notice this because I have an overview camera that catches the car coming by.

PSA130 Missing2.jpg

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How fast is the car driving, what FPS is your camera recording at, and what is the CPU usage like of the computer the agent is running on?

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Car is slow rolling, should be stopped at a stop sign. Camera is running 15 fps, shutter is 1/500th. CPU runs 20% under normal, I have seen it spike to 90% for a few seconds under other camera motion detection.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, I was going to mention what I posted in that other thread that I noticed 2/3 of the usual daily number from one cam and it was the masked areas that was causing mine to miss. Now keep in mind mine has been running almost a year and I made no changes other than the Rekor update in August, and then just out of the blue a couple weeks ago the one camera started to miss.

When I deleted the mask, it started working, so I would look there - if you are not running a mask, do a clear of it just in case.

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll clear the mask and watch it closer. Thing that gets me is that it appears to get other plates, but has missed this one 3 times.

djmadfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would suggest running the highest FPS, bitrate, and resolution. Every little bit helps.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
But the highest FPS, bitrate, resolution only works if your system has the capabilities to run Rekor at those rates. If you are maxing out the CPU, then it is counterproductive.