ONVIF problem with HIKVision DVR: the http request is unauthorized with client authentication scheme

Reaction score
Using the Onvif Device Manager, I'm unable to access some of our DVRs. All HIKVision, latest firmware, DS7332HQHI-K4 and DS7324HQHI-K4.

I'm getting this error: "the http request is unauthorized with client authentication scheme 'anonymous'" . Here's a screen grab:
Screenshot 2019-10-11 08.58.59.png

I've got ONVIF enabled and the user/pass are correct. I've been googling everything I can think of to no avail. Any thoughts on things to try? I've come across a few things that mention the time of the DVR and computer need to be the same, but they are both using the same NTP server, and the time is the same.

I'm trying to get this working so I can pull the camera feeds into my VMS while we start the transition to IP cameras. I can pull the RTSP streams fine in VLC, but my VMS needs ONVIF to pull all the channels.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe try using admin / admin password for the login instead of nxtest.
Perhaps nxtest does not have ONVIF rights.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
A dumb question for which apologies :
Did you provide ODM with valid logon credentials, top left of the window?

Reaction score
A dumb question for which apologies :
Did you provide ODM with valid logon credentials, top left of the window?
Yes, I created a onvif account. Checked the details, and made them the same as another model of Hikvision. The other camera logs in correctly, this one does not.
Firmware version: V5.7.12 build 221201

I used the other camera to check all of the settings, but I couldn't find any differences in the settings which weren't specific to that camera.
As I haven't seen this else where on the net, I'm thinking there is a fault in the camera itself.

I've got a rstp work around, but I would like it if I could get the onvif functionality working.

Thank you

MZT

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, I created a onvif account. Checked the details, and made them the same as another model of Hikvision. The other camera logs in correctly, this one does not.
Firmware version: V5.7.12 build 221201

I used the other camera to check all of the settings, but I couldn't find any differences in the settings which weren't specific to that camera.
As I haven't seen this else where on the net, I'm thinking there is a fault in the camera itself.

I've got a rstp work around, but I would like it if I could get the onvif functionality working.

Thank you
I haven't worked with V5.7.12 yet, however, in the release notes for V5.7.12 they mention:

"Solve the Onvif anti-replay problem, the default is Digest, if the third-party platform does not support Digest will have access problems."
Have you tried switching from digest back to basic authentication? Configuration / network / advanced settings / integration protocol

MZT

n3wb
Reaction score
I haven't worked with V5.7.12 yet, however, in the release notes for V5.7.12 they mention:

"Solve the Onvif anti-replay problem, the default is Digest, if the third-party platform does not support Digest will have access problems."
Have you tried switching from digest back to basic authentication? Configuration / network / advanced settings / integration protocol
I got access to a camera with this firmware version today. They removed basic as an option. Set it to digest+ws-username token (Configuration / network / advanced settings / integration protocol) and make sure your time is accurate. That should get you in.

Reaction score

This is the correct solution to the problem. Thank you