Onvif Motion Detection Status: How to get this boolean with VBA? PuTTY/Telnet access to Onvif variables

Yppps

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm working on a small VBA based project where I want to switch several IP-Cam streams to several VLC player. The switching has to be event based so I need to get the information from the cam if the boolean variable MotionDetection: is true or false.

Any idea how to realise this? I tried to connect via PuTTY but the all sessions closed after some seconds.

Is there a general data-port to call Onvif cams via PuTTY or does it varry form cam to cam? I already tried 80 (http), 554 (rtsp) and 8200 (data - one of my NexusCCTV Cams has this info in the configuration module) with or without user: password@ in front but no access at all...

Or is there a better way to get this information to VBA?

Any information will help!

Thanks for your time and sorry for my bad english!

Yppps

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The switching has to be event based so I need to get the information from the cam if the boolean variable MotionDetection: is true or false.
That status can be obtained from the event subscription interface to an ONVIF device.
I don't understand where your mention of PuTTY fits in - the ONVIF dialogues are SOAP based.

Or is there a better way to get this information to VBA?

Any information will help!
There are loads of resources out that that for sure will help you with your project.
The ONVIF Core Specification may be a little hard to follow - but there are lots of development libraries available as open-source, and loads of worked code examples.
There are many open-source ONVIF tools as well.
My suggestion would be to do some Google searching and results studying and you will for sure find what you are looking for.