One camera not recording since Monday

Afranze

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have noticed one of my camera a Duhua turret IPC-HDW4831EM-ASE is not recording any events
The camera itself is logging down events which is motion detection so thats working but blue-iris isnt recording anything

I Have reset the camera to default and deleted it from BI and re-added it completely
I have run out of ideas of what to do next

1679448697114.png

Here are the camera settings in BI:
1679448876959.png
1679448903057.png
1679448920018.png
1679448941746.png

Let me know if you require more info

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You are not pulling the camera triggers into BI, so that is why they are triggering in the camera and not BI.

Your motion settings for BI with 5 seconds is a long time and the minimum object size is rather large and that would miss a person on the sidewalk and a car in the street. It would catch someone doing a slow lawn job though LOL :lmao:

What do the motion zones look like - post that screenshot.

In BI there are a few places you need to set this up:

In Camera configure setting check the box "Get ONVIF triggers".

Hit Find/Inspect on the camera setting to pull the coding for the triggers.

Go into Motion Setting and select the "Cameras digital input" box.

On the Alerts tab uncheck the Motions Zones tab (those are alerting you to any BI motion in those areas in Zones A thru H)

On the alerts tab set up how to be notified.

Afranze

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It would catch someone doing a slow lawn job though LOL :lmao:
Funny you say that. That was the last recording I had of me mowing the lawn

I am confused still though. It was recording cars and people to before ok but now its stopped

Motion zones:
I am not using motion zones though:
1679451232357.png

Is this the correct box for Cameras Digital Input Box?
1679451554828.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you sure nothing changed?

Under object detection you should turn off move X number of pixels and reset after X% - those are used to knock out false triggers and you have the opposite going on.

You would have Motion Zone checked and in object detection put in Zone A if you want that entire zone to trigger.

I would consider dropping the min make time.

Yes that cameras digital input is the box to check.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You are unclear if you are trying to use the Blue Iris motion detection or you're trying to use the in camera motion detection or both... The motion settings you posted indicate that you want to use the Blue Iris detection while checking the digital camera input implies that you want to use the camera's motion detection to trigger Blue Iris.... If you want to use Blue Iris built-in motion detection You need to lower the make time To less than a second something like 0.7 otherwise you're not going to capture anything

Afranze

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are you sure nothing changed?

Under object detection you should turn off move X number of pixels and reset after X% - those are used to knock out false triggers and you have the opposite going on.

You would have Motion Zone checked and in object detection put in Zone A if you want that entire zone to trigger.

I would consider dropping the min make time.

Yes that cameras digital input is the box to check.
Thanks I played around with that and I reduced the make time to 0.7 like FenderMan suggested and did those other options you mentioned and its now working good
I probably misunderstood the make time

I thought the longer seconds you make the MAKE time, the longer it will pre-record when triggered?

so for example

Shady guy walks past at exactly 10:00pm and 00 seconds and this is when the motion triggers
I set the make time at 10 seconds
The camera records and writes the video file to the disk at 9:59pm and 50 seconds?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Nope the make time is how long does something have to be moving before it will consider it a trigger. So in your field of view, most objects will be in and out of that frame in under 5 seconds, and then coupled with that large min object size, it would only catch something like you mowing your lawn LOL because you were in the field of view longer than 5 seconds and you were close enough that you were larger than the min size.

The pre-trigger record time is how long do you want it to record prior to the trigger. And then the End Trigger unless re-triggered is how long it records for after being triggered.