OMG - My credit card was charged 29.95 for extended support...

Bapski

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i was about to be charged and i did not think i see value in it. what am i missing? when i have issues with BI i run here in the forums since i get solutions way faster than emailing BI support.

i dont want to miss any important value if any that id get with the extended support and id be glad to pick it up again.

p.s. one thing i noticed though is that i do not get automatic notices for BI updates... surely not $29.95 worth...

Bapski

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Feel free to cancel your support subscription if you are not using it (some people keep it active just to support the developer).

You can get notifications of BI updates through a new feature of ipcamtalk. There is a "Subscribe To Updates" button on this page: Blue Iris Software Updates
thank you. . . glad im not missing anything. thank you. subscribed to updates.

Bigbore050

n3wb
Reaction score
Does the either of the support plans offer hand holding for all aspects of a BI system including networking / security?

Dummy's like me who have no business setting up a secure and reliable BI network would pay for that.

As soon as I get one little thing figured out there is 4 more 3 letter abbreviations I have to google like VPN, DNS, TCP, UDP, WAN. Not to mention all the 4 letter ones.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, at least you spelled all those acronyms correctly!

BI support does try to help with the "hand-holding", but it is just one guy for the most part (sometimes he has a helper answering emails). His time is not unlimited even if you've paid for priority support. Google and forums are the way to go for that stuff in my opinion.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Does the either of the support plans offer hand holding for all aspects of a BI system including networking / security?

Dummy's like me who have no business setting up a secure and reliable BI network would pay for that.

As soon as I get one little thing figured out there is 4 more 3 letter abbreviations I have to google like VPN, DNS, TCP, UDP, WAN. Not to mention all the 4 letter ones.
No, you cannot expect networking/security support for 30-60 bux a year.