Oh deer.......

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Not sure what spooked the herd of deer out of the cedar glades into the open creek bottom today? I need to clean the front glass on my PTZ turret. The camera had just finished following a buck across my lower lawn and had gone back to home position. It was still determining it's final focus when it detected all of these critters.

I need to get another big PTZ and mount it on a pole close to the creek bottom. Multiple times, I have watched 2 different areas of wild life action going on at the exact same moment from my mancave window at the house and the camera can only track one of them. I have too much wildlife to watch all at once.

View attachment D03_20220122131948.mp4

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Something scared them
Being it was daytime, chances are it was a bobcat. If it was close to dusk, I have seen plenty of coyotes in that spot and they have chased them.

Back a couple of years ago, Wife and I were sitting on our Gator back in our woods at the cabin, having a few beers and watching the campfire during the daytime. I heard a bunch of commotion behind me and looked around just to see a large buck fly down the trail right behind where we were parked. I thought: Damn, the things you see when you don't have your camera with you.

About 30 seconds later, I heard more commotion coming up the trail from where the buck had come from. This time it was a big doe and she turned onto the trail that ran right past where we were parked and flew down it to the creek. Well, about 40 feet behind her was a large bobcat, running in large leaps and it turned and went right past where we were parked. It had been chasing the buck and doe. It was still after the doe, but I don't think it ever caught it. My creek is around 20 feet wide and those deer, when spooked, can leap completely over it, without ever touching it. Kitty probably would have gotten wet.