Offroading Newspaper Man

catseyenu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Jeeze, did you call him to ask WTF?
/The last gasps of a dying business model...

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I emailed the newspaper with the video asking them to correct it, if that doesn't work I'll just put a 2x4 with some nails in my yard next time?

catseyenu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
We had problems with the recycling people "losing" our bin, 3 times it disappeared.
Checked the cameras and saw the guy toss it from the other side of the truck back toward the curb but leaving it in the middle of the street. A few events later a car came by and hit it dragging it off.
I posted screenshots (with the guy's face included) to social media tagging the city and the vender's national office.
Response was immediate and the bin has been returned to the yard since.

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It appears the newspaper received my complaint, a new car has come through the past few days. He takes a route that doesn't involve turning around at all!

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
We're going to be losing our newspaper "boys" here soon. The local paper is going to be partnering with Amazon to do deliveries along with papers so the requirement will be that deliverers need to be at least 19 years of age. I'm not terribly happy with that because delivering newspapers is a great first job for many kids. Soon no kids will be able to have those jobs.

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
We're going to be losing our newspaper "boys" here soon. The local paper is going to be partnering with Amazon to do deliveries along with papers so the requirement will be that deliverers need to be at least 19 years of age. I'm not terribly happy with that because delivering newspapers is a great first job for many kids. Soon no kids will be able to have those jobs.
Amazon won't need drivers over 19, they'll have drones.

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
A month later the old driver is back!

Here's the camera I added to watch the "suspicous activity" of my neighbors. Ended up being able to see how far into the yard he's driving. The tree is about 10 feet from the curb lol

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
You in Washington DC by any chance? They even re-elected a crackhead for mayor a while back so that may have set some kind of precedent...

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think some stop sticks would be a great addition on your property.
Report him to the popo!
Haha that's all I need, some angry driver now stranded outside my house because i blew 3 of his tires and he can't go anywhere except to my front door lol.